MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at buying an FM projects exhaust possibly used. I have someone offering to sell me theirs for $910 that they pulled off a 2014 675. It definitely needs to be polished up. But as far as the pictures go there isn't any damage. It'll be going on my 2015 Dragster.

Is this a good deal? They're selling for $1,260 now on Design Course.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Tried the FM, but the constant noise level on a long journey became annoying.

Switched to the QD with the detachable db's, you can then control the sound level:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
OP, in answer to your question *pokes Bruce* it definitely needs a polish. I sold mine used for around £500 I believe. I polished it myself.

Just bear in mind and make sure that it comes with the bolts (even though you could just use your current ones). Also make sure the spring is provided.

Also, I could not for the life of me remove the shield to polish under it. You may have better luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried the FM, but the constant noise level on a long journey became annoying.

Switched to the QD with the detachable db's, you can then control the sound level:grin2:
Thanks for the input Bruce. I have heard the issue with the level of noise from a few others as well. The appearance keeps me drawn to the exhaust still however. Lol
OP, in answer to your question *pokes Bruce* it definitely needs a polish. I sold mine used for around £500 I believe. I polished it myself.

Just bear in mind and make sure that it comes with the bolts (even though you could just use your current ones). Also make sure the spring is provided.

Also, I could not for the life of me remove the shield to polish under it. You may have better luck.
Thank you for letting me know! Given that information I feel the seller is definitely asking too much. I'd want to polish it back up and it could use a new FM sticker on the cover. I do believe it comes with at least the spring. I can't speak for the additional bolts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I wouldnt worry about getting a new sticker. You will peel it back off in no time.

It's position plus the heat of the surface doesnt help it much.
Very good point. If I do get my hands on a used one I'll just ditch it. It looks like Matt sold his so I'll keep an eye out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldnt worry about getting a new sticker. You will peel it back off in no time.

It's position plus the heat of the surface doesnt help it much.
I put helicopter tape over my sticker (just search for it on eBay). Sticker looks good as new so far. Regarding the noise, it is noisy but it sounds sweet and it is quieter than my old monster 1000 with arrow titanium exhaust. It looks good as well. I think HP Corse also looks great and it was a tough decision for me but went with the FM Projects. One thing I hated about the stock exhaust was the big bladder under the bike, and one thing I love about the FM Projects is the little tiny baffle under the bike.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I do believe it comes with at least the spring. I can't speak for the additional bolts.

I got mine used aon here for less and was in way better condition than that. The bolts on the heatshield aren't a major issue as the ones off the OEM work. The bigger issue I found was where the belly pan attaches. There should be a piece of metal that comes with the slip on and if that's not there you have a headache on your hands. I never got those cause the prvious owner didn't have them but at least he told me that. There should also be springs obviously.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got mine used aon here for less and was in way better condition than that. The bolts on the heatshield aren't a major issue as the ones off the OEM work. The bigger issue I found was where the belly pan attaches. There should be a piece of metal that comes with the slip on and if that's not there you have a headache on your hands. I never got those cause the prvious owner didn't have them but at least he told me that. There should also be springs obviously.
Thank you for letting me know that. The exhaust in question definitely look to be in rougher shape. Is that piece of metal supposed to be welded on the exhaust? Or does it bolt on? I do believe the springs are there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thank you for letting me know that. The exhaust in question definitely look to be in rougher shape. Is that piece of metal supposed to be welded on the exhaust? Or does it bolt on? I do believe the springs are there.

Luckily no welding, one side bolts on to the exhaust and the other to the belly pan, to hold the belly pan in place. Having to measure and get the right length is a pain cuse the belly pan get's in the way. Check designcorse as they have a pic with all that its suppose to come with.

https://www.designcorse.com/products/fm-projects-f3-b3-exhaust

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Luckily no welding, one side bolts on to the exhaust and the other to the belly pan, to hold the belly pan in place. Having to measure and get the right length is a pain cuse the belly pan get's in the way. Check designcorse as they have a pic with all that its suppose to come with.

https://www.designcorse.com/products/fm-projects-f3-b3-exhaust
I really appreciate all the information. I'm going to check it out and see what all is included with the exhaust. If anything I could order the missing parts from Designcourse. That also might bring him down a lot in price.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Personally not a fan of this system, overall it does not compliment the sound of the bike, nor does it help with power.. but it does drop some serious weight, and helps with less heat.
Sold the one i had, but being on a F3 vs a dragster your needs are more than likely different than mine..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Personally not a fan of this system, overall it does not compliment the sound of the bike, nor does it help with power.. but it does drop some serious weight, and helps with less heat.

Sold the one i had, but being on a F3 vs a dragster your needs are more than likely different than mine..
Thanks for your input. I'm open to the Hydro Tre or QD exhaust as well. I just personally like the appearance on the fm.

What exhaust did you grab in place of the fm?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I agree on the looks, they are quite sharp and sexy!

I ended up with a high mount 60mm race system from Passerini performance (made by spark) much like a SC project.. Being i have a f3 800 i was interested in power, and also not having to pull the exhaust for tire swaps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree on the looks, they are quite sharp and sexy!

I ended up with a high mount 60mm race system from Passerini performance (made by spark) much like a SC project.. Being i have a f3 800 i was interested in power, and also not having to pull the exhaust for tire swaps.
Oh sweet! I love the SC projects so I'm sure yours looks great. Both power and the convenience of not pulling the exhaust are great reasons haha.

·
Registered
582 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts