MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was told by the distributor I am the first in the US to buy this Slip on. It sounds amazing. It was not cheap but it is well made and did I say it sounds oh so good. It feels like she is a bit uncorked as well. I don't think it makes much more power but it does feel like it a bit. It is also lighter then the stock heavy one that was on her. Crash2much a member on this forum can get these if anyone is interested.

It was an easy fifteen minute install. Wow what a sound. Sorry no sound clips but there are some on U-TUBE
http://www.fm-projects.com/en/

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mentioned you are. Moto Forza is the shop that imports these gems. I don't know what how to get to your on-line store?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have one for my F3, and apparently i was the first in the UK to get one. I have to wait for the bike to be delivered before i get to fit mine can't wait!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will like it

·
Registered
249 Posts
Design Corse have it listed at £880.00 plus VAT, which works out to £1056.00 inc vat. I paid £975 for mine direct from FM Projects but they forgot to add the VAT so it would have been more expensive. FM projects will do cheaper prices depending on how many you buy so i guess Design Corse are ordering in bulk and getting a better price.

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No it is just a slip on after the cat. It does not need a remap.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Excellent, thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The cat is clearly removed. It is not a slip on after the cat at all. Remap is always recommended when you make a change to the airflow of the engine system. You can run around at part throttle and the closed loop (oxygen sensor) system will compensate for all or most of the airflow change but if you go WOT or go over whatever the preset RPM is for open loop then you could be running lean and damage the engine.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The cat is clearly removed. It is not a slip on after the cat at all. Remap is always recommended when you make a change to the airflow of the engine system. You can run around at part throttle and the closed loop (oxygen sensor) system will compensate for all or most of the airflow change but if you go WOT or go over whatever the preset RPM is for open loop then you could be running lean and damage the engine.
I don't agree.
Installing the FM will not remove the cat.
If you remove the original muffler of your B3 you'll see the cat is situated under the engine.
After removing the muffler you can clearly see the cat material when looking in the exhaust.

Not sure if she is running lean.
The "after burner" sound the FM exhaust makes when closing throttle and while upshifting with the quickshifter (awesome :naughty:) seems to me the engine might even run a bit rich.

Talking about after burners...
Back in the old days, on my Honda Hornet, I used to play with my engine killbutton to make my Boss exhaust spit fire :yo:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The sound it makes while shifting is from the quickshifter cutting timing.
The sound it makes while closed throttle decelerating is from the spark plugs firing with no fuel (deceleration fuel cutoff).

I stand corrected, most bikes have the cat as part of the slip on, looks like MVA got wise and put it in the header. Good news is the cat is light and the muffler is heavy so you still get to loose weight while saving the environment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts