MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home today and my FM exhaust and ohlins steering damper were here!! Got them both installed and all I can say about the FM exhaust is WOWWW!!! This thing sounds amazing!! Here a few before and after photos and I'll try to link a video...

And a free shirt!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Nice. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Something doesn't look right with how that damper is mounted. I swear the bracket looks upside down?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it was on upside down. It's corrected now. I didn't think it looked right either but that's the way the diagram they sent had it going on. They also had it shown with the long arm on the other side. I'm gonna contact corse and let them know their diagram is wrong.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Something doesn't look right with how that damper is mounted. I swear the bracket looks upside down?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Ok...,
I've downloaded both photo's, had them next to each other and looked 10 minutes, zooming and all......
I just can't find the clue, what's wrong with the way the damper is mounted :banghead:

Nice exhaust btw !!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok...,
I've downloaded both photo's, had them next to each other and looked 10 minutes, zooming and all......
I just can't find the clue, what's wrong with the way the damper is mounted :banghead:

Nice exhaust btw !!!!

Thanks! Yeah in my picture (white bike), the small bracket that holds the cylinders just needed to be spun around 180 degrees. So that instead of sticking straight up its more angled down sitting over the tank. Also, the way it was in the pic, it was hitting the set screw for the triple clamp at a full left turn.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Lovely deep aggressive sound, without hearing it side by side against the stock pipe, with the same equipment, I presume it is deeper and louder than stock?

Looks better than stock, and the tips are quite unusual.
How loud is it on the open road when she's moving to the upper revs?

Had a look on Design Corse's web site, they are about 2 DB louder than stock apparently, and almost half the weight. http://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-f3-parts/mv-agusta-f3-exhaust-systems
I also like the very raw look of the QD EXHAUST on the same site. On youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf85nPbHMoQ#t=29

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have to say it's quite a bit louder than the stock throughout the entire rev range but the most noticeable difference is around the 6-8K range. Sounds a lot like a high performance Ferrari to me!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looks great man, Those are my next two upgrades except I'm getting the Zero exhaust. I'm getting quite the deal on my Ohlins damper from the dealer since they crushed part of my front harness near the indicators while assembling my bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts