MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn n bugger winters!!!! just been in garage to have a look at the bike and thought id fire her up only to get a flat battery!!! had to take it off and its now on charge!!!! anyone else have this problem in winter? must admit its been very cold here for about 10 days barely getting above freezing during the day, but wifes r6 and my suzy k1 trackbike fired up straight away!! :confused:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Had it happen once. After that I just leave my battery connected to the Accumate charger all the time. No more low battery.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Charged mine last weekend after it failed to turn over the motor, they don't like being left too long in the cold. I would recommend an Optimate, you can use it on any 12V vehicle you have laid up.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I had that as well and it was sitting inside! The dealer told me to keep a Batt tender connected all the time. Apparently the electronics contine to drain the Batt even when it isn't running. Same deal with my Duc 1098.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Get yourself an Optimate Ian

·
Registered
520 Posts
john said:
Get yourself an Optimate Ian
+1
Battery on th MV is minimal and if you have an alarm without an optimate, your snookered!....

·
Registered
378 Posts
same here, it's on the optimate every night when I get home from work. Sometimes it scares me as it's hard to start after being outside in the cold all day in work, and the battery is new !
(FYI, the battery on the MV F4 1000 is the same as the ones fitted to CBR's)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Just a couple of suggestions for all those of us that will suffer with a flat battery this year:
a) Use an intellegent battery TENDER, not a trickle charger all year
b) If your battery does go flat leave it on the bike to charge it, it will do no harm at all, judgeing by the posts over the years a lot of people either, put the battery back in upright which causes the terminals to be the wrong way around, or, miss one of the many battery connections, both of these usually result in something going bang................ :lightning

1 - 11 of 11 Posts