MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

(1090 RR 2011, 4K miles)

A bit of a cold night last night and this morning I wake to my brutale lights flashing and it wont start!

Lights and horn work, but no crank at all from the engine. Just a "click", hissing, and then, silence...

I gave it a wash yesterday and let it run after, was just fine.

Any idea why the lights would be flashing? Surely has something to do with why it doesn't work now...!?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
22,507 Posts
Hmmm, water wash, cold night, no start...sub-freezing temps?
Where in thsi world are you?

·
Super Moderator
22,507 Posts
Well, I would start with drying out all connectors then applying dielectric grease before reconnecting.
In the future...no water...
Check your battery....it is probably a POS Koyo...mine was. Replace it with a Yuasa.
Others have had recent trouble with the starting solenoid.

·
Super Moderator
22,507 Posts
Hmmm, additional thought...do you have an alarm installed?

·
Super Moderator
22,507 Posts
Battery is probably dead. Check the brand, the Kotyos are notorious for failing early.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Any chance you left it turned past the lock into the parking position? Was told that can kill the battery when sitting. I got a stop fault when my Koyo failed, but can't recall flashing lights. Maybe the top yellow one, maybe a red. I'd say a Yuasa will cure your ills.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any chance you left it turned past the lock into the parking position? Was told that can kill the battery when sitting. I got a stop fault when my Koyo failed, but can't recall flashing lights. Maybe the top yellow one, maybe a red. I'd say a Yuasa will cure your ills.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Ahhh I remeber when I made that mistake with my Ducati, not this time though. Another hour on the tender and I'll give it a start to see...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts