MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently an F4 went up in flames on the Old Pacific Hwy last Friday arvo, mate of mine saw it and got some photos/video. Belong to anybody on here, I certainly hope not.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow thats the second story I've heard about a f4 going up in flames another forum member had it happen to them after his bike was serviced by some back yard mechanic, be careful guys these bikes demand respect

·
Registered
256 Posts
Anyone else heard any more about this ?
Couldn't find anything relating to this in the news.
Cus, are you able to post any pics or the video ?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Note !

First Gen F4 and B4's catching fire is not a new thing, that's why we have so many threads on the replacement of fuel fittings etc. Not all fires are from fuel fittings breaking though, fuel lines splitting, O-ring collapse, oil leaks and others have contributed also.
This one below is here in WA. I have a fuel tank given to me by CAG which came from a burnt out bike in the USA, repainted and still looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
First Gen F4 and B4's catching fire is not a new thing, that's why we have so many threads on the replacement of fuel fittings etc. Not all fires are from fuel fittings breaking though, fuel lines splitting, O-ring collapse, oil leaks and others have contributed also.
This one below is here in WA. I have a fuel tank given to me by CAG which came from a burnt out bike in the USA, repainted and still looks great.
Wow.., that is shocking.
Terrible seeing an MV like this:bawling:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else heard any more about this ?
Couldn't find anything relating to this in the news.
Cus, are you able to post any pics or the video ?
My mate who saw it all has some photos and video, I`ll see if he can put it up here, (beyond my limited computer skills)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Does the F3 have similar fittings to those above?
Not quite mate, but keep in mind, not all these MV fires are caused by fuel fittings alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts