MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange problem that I am dealing with concerning Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots. I have used both the regular Vertigo Corsa boot and the "Air" version (ventilated/perforated) and the result is the same.

On the track, when I am really using my legs and applying a lot of pressure on the pegs, I find that the soles of my feet begin to feel like they are literally burning --- like they are on fire --- while wearing this model boot. The heat feels like it is coming from the boot sole. At first, I thought it must be from the exhaust, but that doesn't explain why BOTH feet are burning (I ride a GSXR on the track, right hand lower exhaust). I have had this happen at numerous tracks and on 2 different bikes when wearing them. I thought I must be crazy, but at Buttonwillow Raceway the other day, my friend was wearing the same model boot and made the same complaint about them!

The problem is so severe that I have to come off the track early in the session because the heat is so intense from these soles. Does anyone have any idea why I might be experiencing this?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Try touching the pegs after you get off a hard run with the bike--You will be amazed how hot they are!
As far as the boot, I don't know if you could do much--Try some thin, but stiff insoles maybe to block some of the heat transfer. That, and try to be a little lighter on your feet :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
saw a pair of insoles which where suposedly designed for heat enviroments..they had a lair of aluminium underneath.. can't remember the name but they where italian ..maybe you can find something like that in stores where they sell protection stuff for construction and stuff

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I have a strange problem that I am dealing with concerning Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots. I have used both the regular Vertigo Corsa boot and the "Air" version (ventilated/perforated) and the result is the same.

On the track, when I am really using my legs and applying a lot of pressure on the pegs, I find that the soles of my feet begin to feel like they are literally burning --- like they are on fire --- while wearing this model boot. The heat feels like it is coming from the boot sole. At first, I thought it must be from the exhaust, but that doesn't explain why BOTH feet are burning (I ride a GSXR on the track, right hand lower exhaust). I have had this happen at numerous tracks and on 2 different bikes when wearing them. I thought I must be crazy, but at Buttonwillow Raceway the other day, my friend was wearing the same model boot and made the same complaint about them!

The problem is so severe that I have to come off the track early in the session because the heat is so intense from these soles. Does anyone have any idea why I might be experiencing this?
I've heard this complaint about Sidi boots before.....get Alpinestar Supertechs....problem solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts