MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Thinking about additional lights for my TV. The LED projector is fine for riding on straight roads in high beam, but once you are on curvy roads, there is some dark shadows where you are supposed to look in order to make a proper turn. To improve the situation, adding spot lights would definitely help. Then come the fixation point issue.
  • For fog lights, anchoring them to the fork, using the front fender fixation should do it effectively
  • For spot lights, the problem is different, it requires a fixation about the same height as the original optic from the TV. Not an easy thing as there is almost no point for fixation. I want to avoid crash bar (there is a consensus on the fact it is ugly :-D)... Only remaining possibility I can think of would be to fix it thru the fixations of the front and lateral fairings.
On the attached picture, I marked 3 bolts I think I could target to fix a plate allowing fixation and put an additional picture of a fixation plate for a Multistrada to give an idea of what it could look like...

Any other idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
have a look at this Beauty :)
there are some additional lights on ...

·
Registered
470 Posts
have a look at this Beauty :)
Unless you're in LE yoreself izzit tongue in cheek?

Having wet dreams about police hardware is a medical condition.
Can be helped with proper medication.

Blunts comes to mind.

...there are some additional lights on ...
Good >:) Because the scarecrow found sitting on the bike often isn't that bright.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having wet dreams about police hardware is a medical condition.
Can be helped with proper medication.
...Because the scarecrow found sitting on the bike often isn't that bright.
You nailed it!

Crash bars are ugly. It's just a fact...

Looking for something else :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys,

I did a bit of prototyping with a cardboard. Imagine a part made of Aluminium and painted in black. Imagine there is spacers between the fairing and the part, and we just use longer bolts than the one used to fixe the fairing. The bolt considered here are the same one as marked in the first post of this thread.

Once we have that, it makes an easy plate to fix additional lights (spot).

I also thought about the bolts which are on the front of the fairing, but they seems less appropriate as the distance to the lower bolts is higher and we still need three bolts to make this happening...

Now, looking at my cardboard, I really start to think there is a way to design something which would make sense within the overall design of our TVs.

Waiting for better ideas if any :)

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can I get one of those police tail boxes!
Have no clue what is the provider of them. Maybe writing to MV Agusta will allow you to get an answer... Maybe

To be clear, did some research about the crash bars : you can find the pictures, but nowhere any reference for the provider. Seems it is the same for the tail box. I suppose it is designed to store the radio and required associated batteries...

Last option : take a flight to Italia, and steal a police bike >:)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why not mount the lights on the fork bottoms
As said in the first post, mounting on the fork bottom would work well for flood/fog lights. I'm actually not too much concern about low distance light, but much more about the mid-high distances lightning, as the led optics from the TV works well in the center of the spot, but there is shadows in this range, specially where you are supposed to point your look in order to do a nice curve. And for spot light targeted to light the curve apex, you need to mount the lights near the fairings.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
. . . the led optics from the TV works well in the center of the spot, but there is shadows in this range, specially where you are supposed to point your look in order to do a nice curve. And for spot light targeted to light the curve apex, you need to mount the lights near the fairings.
Great, I think you've just convinced me to stick to daytime riding!!:grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick update. Additional light mounting in progress. Made a hole in the side fairing black parts near the radiator, and mounting the spot lights there. Seems to be the best compromise for usability. Will orient the spot crossed and upper to the horizon so they actually spot the Apex curves, and with the hopefully not much issue for drivers coming in front of me. Target is to finish next weekend (had not finished this week due to some missing screws and a switch to do a proper mount). Will update with some pics next week.

Reactions: Duc-Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick update. Additional light mounting in progress. Made a hole in the side fairing black parts near the radiator, and mounting the spot lights there. Seems to be the best compromise for usability. Will orient the spot crossed and upper to the horizon so they actually spot the Apex curves, and with the hopefully not much issue for drivers coming in front of me. Target is to finish next weekend (had not finished this week due to some missing screws and a switch to do a proper mount). Will update with some pics next week.
Dear Marc,
I’m a new TV owner and I agree on the need for additional spot lights. Did you succeed in mounting them besides the radiator?
Could you post some pictures?
Thanks & best
Jean Luca

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many thanks! I read the whole thread. Excellent job.
A last question. Did you encounter any electrical problem since you installed them? I would follow exactly the scheme you posted to connect the spots.
Jean Luca

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Many thanks! I read the whole thread. Excellent job.
A last question. Did you encounter any electrical problem since you installed them? I would follow exactly the scheme you posted to connect the spots.
Jean Luca
No electrical problem at all, but I did not installed the dimmed part yet relayed from high beam yet. Please note that the additional lights are feeded by the additional fuse box (stored under the lithium battery which is smaller than the OEM Battery) and I used a relay to swith the lights on. As well one thing to note : I have crash sliders preventing the additional lights to be grounded and to break the radiator in case of fall: it is to be considered as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Marc, many thanks again for your hints. I will use them spots on the on/off position with switch and relay as well. I have ordered the crash sliders too. Now I’m blocked abroad, so I cannot work on it....it will do as soon as I will be able to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts