MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a previous thread someone stated:

all MVs use 6907-2RS front wheel bearings......

you have a large axle (35mm) early bike the wheels go right on

you have a later bike with a 25mm axle ......you need the spacers.

So I bought Magnesium wheels that fit a 2008 F4 and cannot comprehend why I need to purchase spacers to mount on a 2012. If the same bearings are used for both model wheels would not the 2012 already have the necessary spacers. Any help clearing this up for me is appreciated

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
No all pre 2010 bikes used the 35mm bearings in their wheels.
The Showa forked bikes had 35mm axles, the later Marzocchi had 25mm axles and spacers to fill the gap.
Your 2012 has wheels with 25mm bearings which fit directly to Your 25mm axles.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
in a previous thread someone stated:

all MVs use 6907-2RS front wheel bearings......

you have a large axle (35mm) early bike the wheels go right on

you have a later bike with a 25mm axle ......you need the spacers.

So I bought Magnesium wheels that fit a 2008 F4 and cannot comprehend why I need to purchase spacers to mount on a 2012. If the same bearings are used for both model wheels would not the 2012 already have the necessary spacers. Any help clearing this up for me is appreciated

It would be nice to see pictures of the parts as you install for the record....

joe

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
If the wheels you bought have the pre 2010 bearings in them George, then you will need the spacers, just as you had to on your Senna.

As Ralph said, you have a 25mm axle on 25mm bearings on your 1090, but the new wheels you bought will have 35mm bearings

I'm not sure if you can maybe swap the bearings from your 1090 onto the new wheels you just bought, I imagine this would work, but I would rather buy the spacers.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bearings are not the same so you cannot swap them. The axles are the same and the spacers are a simple way to make the wheel swap. I have ordered the spacers and will post pics when received.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
received the mag wheels. They are really nice. Gloss Black really looks terrific. Already had new Pilot Power 3s mounted and waiting on the spacers to arrive so I can put the front wheel on. Stock wheels are off to the painter to get a coat of red paint which will match the frame and valve cover. Also considering a new set of Brake Tech disc for the red wheels. That way I can swap wheels when I want a different look

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts