MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to buy a screen from Italy under the guise of a universal fit 'cupolino' but the seller added that it would fit the MV750. It arrived this morning and it is a Biondi, part number 8010156 which denotes that it is in black. 8010155 for white and 8010157 for blue. It did come with a fitting kit, this despite several people stating that the kit would not come supplied and was extra. Biondi certainly do make separate fitting kits though

Ive just tried to fit it and there is no way the brackets will fit over the headlight mounting bolts which are to thick to fit the slot. I do appreciate that its a simple matter of filing the supplied brackets to fit. However on my 'travels' found this post
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36794

It mentions part number 8010168 and which seems to be a specific fitting kit for the Brutale. It is certainly available from European suppliers at about £18 GBP plus shipping. The post also mentions ensuring that you get the mounting hardware that 'replaces' the stock headlight mounting bolts.

This is what I got in my fitting kit;

Here is my quandary, I don't want to order the additional kit if it doesn't give me anything extra than the one I was supplied with. I'm of half a mind anyway to make my own mounting brackets to raise the screen, as the supplied ones appear to short and sit the screen very low. It would appear that other owners have followed this route when fitting the Biondi. Unless the additional fitting kit I mentioned does supply different brackets.

Can anybody who has fitted the Biondi screen advise if the brackets they received are different to the ones I got and if they also received modified headlamp mounting bolts in the fitting kit.

Cheers

Fent

·
Registered
654 Posts
I've also got the Biondi screen, but with the Brutale fitting kit. For that price, I wouldn't order one, as it's not great quality. Making one yourself shouldn't be too difficult, and if I remember rightly, Noel the Knurl has a template for an improved version. I hope I've got that right, best of luck anyway.

Dave.

ps, the brackets you received are NOT for a Brutale, and I also did not get modified headlight bolts. The brackets did fit without any filing or sawing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Madjock............... you have reinforced what I thought. Embarrassingly your post has reminded me that Noel did actually send me some pictures of his set up with the offer to trace and post the drawings. I didn't take him up on the offer at the time because I couldn't find a Biondi fairing. Now why is it that I can recall with perfect clarity things that happened 40 years ago, yet 40 minutes ago is beyond my grasp???

If you get the chance do you think you could take a picture of your brackets and the way the faring sits on the bike and I'll PM you my email address. There's no panic as this is my wife's Christmas present to me and its now going away till Christmas day.

Sorry Noel, I've found your previous email now.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Biondi mount?

Fentible;
If you want I will remove my home made mount and take a picture of it and the stock mount with the silly slot

I'll put a piece of Quadrille paper behind it for dimensions

I also used the mount to mount LED indicators

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the correct kit for fitting the Biondi screen to the 750 Brutale. I sourced it from a supplier in the Netherlands. Compare it with the kit I got in the first post. The brackets are really poor but you do get the modified headlight bolts with the correct spacers and grommets.

I appreciate your offer Noel but I'm going to fabricate my own brackets out of 3mm alloy which will provide a sturdier mount and allow a greater range of adjustment.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Fentible;

instead of those horrid slots

go off the turn indicator mounts and mount some LED indicators on the

mount like in my picture

the rear most part of the fairing is ~8mm below the top of the M/C and

clutch reservoirs (not the tops) and ~4mm from the reservoirs

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi George,
Glad the email with photo's helped a bit.
As for my colour matched screen. It was already that colour when I bought it from the infamous Emoto.uk (before they started messing people around!!).
The coloured side bits are plastic on mine whereas I believe they are aluminium on yours.
What colour is your Brutale?
Hope you get the brackets sorted.

Dave. :brutale:

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
or better yet, don't put the ugly thing on an otherwise beautiful bike. Windscreens on Brutales!! :jsm: :popcorn:

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
well George cruising at 95mph+ is a snap wit the Biondi on

otherwise above 85 is 2 handed affair

:drummer:

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
I'm with George on this. My, er Cindy's, 1090RR does not present a turbulence issue and is a pleasure to ride at track speeds even. I find it quite well sorted with respect to wind protection.

Maybe that is because George and I are tall fellers.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fentible;

instead of those horrid slots

go off the turn indicator mounts and mount some LED indicators on the

mount like in my picture

the rear most part of the fairing is ~8mm below the top of the M/C and

clutch reservoirs (not the tops) and ~4mm from the reservoirs
Thanks for the positioning info Noel, I may well utilise the indicator mounting points for additional support once I've got the angle of the screen right.
As silent service points out, at 6 feet I'm probably a bit tall for this bike so any benefit of wind deflection from the instrument cowl is negligible and as Noel states 85 wind blast makes it more of an effort.
I did manage to source a set of reasonably priced ORO adjustable footrests but even then I needed adjuster plates to mount them lower and further back. I feel I sit a bit deeper into the bike now which suits my riding style far better.
Number 2 I can appreciate your tastes but I don't think this discreet Biondi screen in anyway detracts from the 'naked' value of the MV. Mounting brackets aside, its a beautifully made piece of kit and I love the fact that the fairing sides are alloy.
As this is a Christmas present from my good lady I won't get to fit it until after Christmas but I will take some before and after shots.

Thanks to all for the advice and help.

George

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
George F;
check your email I sent pictures of my mounts and the stock one

I don't like the wind load.......you ride your way

:popcorn:

·
Registered
877 Posts
I'm with George on this. My, er Cindy's, 1090RR does not present a turbulence issue and is a pleasure to ride at track speeds even. I find it quite well sorted with respect to wind protection.

Maybe that is because George and I are tall fellers.....
I'm not tall, high speeds don't bother me either. I can't imagine a level of discomfort that would justify hurting the appearance though. That's why my Corbin seat has been in a box on a shelf for 6 years. Just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
?

measured at the center the Biondi sticks up 110mm over the dash

a carbon one with a smoke screen on a black/silver Brutale

BFD

:popcorn:

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
wind?

OK;

I did a little test...... checked the wind blast with my hand (I know not very scientific)

at 90mph the wind blast just catches ~3-4" of my shoulders and isn't noticeable on my arms....

the wind hits just below my chin with NO turbulence.......

still it's 1000% BETTER than my R1150GS
with its much larger screen

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
I sense that these bikes were designed to shed wind very well right out of the box.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
?

I sense that these bikes were designed to shed wind very well right out of the box.
Chuck;

if they put 1 iota of thought into the aerodynamics of an F4.......they wouldn't get hot

and you think they thought about it on the Brutale?

Really?

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
I don't know if they thought about it, or not. What I do know is that our 1090RR is a pleasure to ride because wind blast is not an issue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts