MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I have just received a titanium Bodis slip on and I have noticed that it does not have an exhaust value which is fitted to the standard ( think that is what it is). I am reluctant to remove the standard until I know that I am able to fit the Bodis to the standard pipe coming from the manifold.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nearly 100 views and i am a little suprised that no one has bothered to help you with your problem mate. If I knew about this system, I would have helped. Brando

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Nearly 100 views and i am a little suprised that no one has bothered to help you with your problem mate. If I knew about this system, I would have helped. Brando
Same here. Sorry...

Where did you buy it? Most retailers that sell Bodis are quite knowledgeable about the product. Try giving them a ring. It's probably a common question.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hi Mto216.
I hope you can understand me..for fit Bodis Slip ,you must see two important things:

1.-Exhaust Valve elimination,how Donsy told you,you can see here,traslating.

http://www.mv-agusta.es/foro/viewtopic.php?p=9105#p9105

2.-And ,in OEM exhaust there is this ...( in spanish "junta"),I don't know the name in english.
1377127904213.jpg
You can see better here.
1377127931296.jpg
In Bodis Slip on,this " junta" THERE ISN'T, is more important,you must buy one new,don't try take of from OEM exhaust,because I'm sure,you will break.
This is:
1377128044915.jpg
1377128060210.jpg
You can find here:
http://www.startwintrading.com/en/model/f4/f4_1000_my_10/oem/846

www.mv-agusta.es using motorcycle app.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bodis slip on should be a relatively straight forward install (I did the full system and it was much easier than I thought it would be.

SpainF4 is correct, the graphite gasket contained under the band clamp is not included with Bodis, however a factory replacement is a must. I changed exhaust at 5,000k and could not remove the gasket from the original - at least in not less than 1,000 pieces. I did make a double layer of header wrap with high temp copper sealant work for a time, however only a temporary solution.

To change the slip on, disconnect the license plate light from below the pillion seat (behind the plastic clip at the rear of the storage area), loosen the band clamp, remove the wire support for the exhaust valve (turn the wire ends sideways and remove from support, support the exhaust (I used a roll of paper towel over the rear wheel), remove the two 4mm bolts supporting the rear exhaust, pull exhaust slightly back and up. Feel the large weight that you just removed from a high centre of gravity area of the bike.

Reverse install, with the exception of the two dangling wires from the exhaust valve, I discretely zip tied them to the rear shock spring allowing for movement of the wires to continue unhindered. Be careful to remove all visible finger prints before the first full heat cycle of the exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts