MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about half a dozen threads saying it was possible, then it wasn't, to then someone machining spacers and a type of coupling that fit over the axle but didn't care to share or sell his solution. It is possible and I did it with some very simple spacers. I went through 4 iterations before I got it right. Instead of replying to all the older threads, I'll just say here that what does work has a 24.97mm ID, 34.98mm OD, and a 1.2mm lip on one side. Overall length 30mm. The 1.2mm lip keeps the total wheel width with bearings and spacers the same width as the stock +10 gen wheels and bearings, which I'm assuming was the main impediment until now. The rotors slide into the calipers at the same spot. Anyone can draw it up in Rhino or whatever cad/cam software they like. I've done 300 miles so far and everything is good. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice one Arthur!

Do you have the Ohlins forks on your's? I cannot quite make out what you have and I am not sure if the rotors are different between the Ohlins and the non-Ohlins bikes.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one Arthur!

Do you have the Ohlins forks on your's? I cannot quite make out what you have and I am not sure if the rotors are different between the Ohlins and the non-Ohlins bikes.

Thanks,

Chris
Yes, Ohlins on the RR. I'm happy to take measurements if you need.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice colour combination for the wheels!

Thanks Arthur!

I see you have the SC1 exhaust, is it the full system?

Do you think it will be too loud for track days? (There is a 102dB noise limit on most tracks here in the UK).

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Only slip on for now. I haven't decided which headers/tuning I'll go for yet. It's likely over 102dbs but I'll check when my replacement meter gets here. I ordered one but it arrived DOA.

Reactions: christosc

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an extra set if anyone is interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts