MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got round to fitting and connecting my Garmin to the bike.
Done this way I can quickly remove it, the wire hides behind the dash when not connected up.

:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where did you get that and the mount. I love it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks.

The mount elements are from www.ram-mount.com.

I got a handlebar ball which replaces one of the original handle bar mounting bolts.

I then ordered a short Ram arm, threw away the U-bolt. I went with the short mount so that the satnav can sit low on the bars and not block my view of the instrument panel.

The red covers on the sat nav come from Garmin.

The start up screen showing the Brutale 910R, I think I played around with an image that a member posted on here for I-phones :)

For the power, as suggested by another member on here, I replaced the front side light with an LED. I then drilled a small hole in the back of the headlight unit to feed the wire through (put a grommet in the hole to make it water tight). I then spliced the cable into the side light wiring loom with additional fuse on the satnav feed. All the connections are done inside the headlight unit so away from sight and in the dry.

When I don't need the satnav, it takes 30 seconds to remove everything and hide the wire behind the instruments. The only thing that is visible is the ball mount on the handlebar, so no big deal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If looks fantastic. I am tired of pulling over and checking my iPhone. Also, like today, I find new roads that I can chart with a bread crumb trail to try again later.

I ordered a new seat for comfort. Add the gps and everyone will think it's a sport version of the ultra classic. ;)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
very nice work !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts