MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just spent the last couple of hours getting the Brutale ready for my first ever full track day after a year of ownership! Im AMP'd and ready to rock... cant. wait. for. tomorrow. :)

Going to a MotoTT trackday at Taupo, New Zealand

Man, dont these things look great without the number plate on...

PS: Sorry about the piss poor iphone pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
slick mate, looks fast, have a great time and be sure to get pics up and a rundown of the day, i'll be very interested to see how you went.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Have a Ball

Looks great, have a ball and remember to drop those tyre pressures below 30psi. Have you got tyre warmers? If you do start at about 29 rear with about 31 front-HOT.
:brutale:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great, have a ball and remember to drop those tyre pressures below 30psi. Have you got tyre warmers? If you do start at about 29 rear with about 31 front-HOT.
:brutale:
Thanks guys. Re tyre pressure... No tyre warmers so was going to run about your suggestion for the first session, let them warm up and then redo immediately following.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What a great freaken day... a little cool in Taupo when we got there, and we missed the first session (boo), but the track was still quite cold so no real worries. First couple of sessions were a bit hit and miss for me, tyres were cold and had never run the low pressures before (read below) and trying to remember and put together all the Keith Code school bi. Then we got a bit of sun onto the track, relaxed quite a bit and WOW! 3rd session exploded for me! I was taking corners correct, passing others, keeping up with a mate (675 daytona) and having an abolsute blast! it finished so fast, and got a few comments: "Wow that thing takes off", "you just pulled away in thru the tight stuff", "what the fuck is that thing..." :) 4th session found out that supercorsa's dont work so well when cold... that was interesting, but stayed on the track. Fucked up turn 1 quite a lot until I relaxed again - got it! then fucked it up again next time - LOL! Cooled it down for the last session and focused on the school lessons again and went nice and smooth (but no quite so fast)... fuel light came on at 130kms!!!

All in all a great day with quite abit of track time. My humble suggestion to others? RELAX!!

Best comment of the day: "Good to see you trashing that thing out on the track, dont know if I hate the look or love it... bit like art isnt it!!?" - he didnt even know our tag line is "Motorcycle Art"!!!!

Discussion on the way home: What bike would i buy next? i was asked.... Another Brutale was the answer!

I race an SV with those tires.. You want the rear to be around 26psi and the front 29.
With a SC0 at the front and SC2 at the rear, i got told to use 25 front, 26 rear cold... which i said "you sure?"... "YEP!" you have supercorsa's, they work differently than other tyres... Once warmed up pressures were 30 front, 29 rear and felt YUMMY!

nice! looks just like mine! what did you use to cover the headlights?
I got some duck tape (easy peel off) and just covered it in strips from the middle up and then out. A sharp knife to cut the edges and then disconnected the front light. Worked out quite well i think... in keeping with the bike colours even.

Thanks for the good support guys!

Cheers

Simon

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sounds like you had a blast and the comments you got sure sound great....Man I wish I could take mine to a track:mad:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like you had a blast and the comments you got sure sound great....Man I wish I could take mine to a track:mad:
Thanks sarge.. surely there is a track somewhere near you?

·
Registered
182 Posts
looks awesome! I tell you something, I hardly put a knee down with this bike anymore. Something about the ride position which doesn't lend to me getting into a race tuck like I could on my other bikes but hey...it's comfortable!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
A mate on a Triumph Daytona 675 had his camera going for most of the day in various places... here is one where he is following be for most of the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqcDpWx2n3A&feature=player_embedded

:conveyer::conveyer:

Here are some HiRes shots. They show off the bike pretty well!

http://www.nzlocal.com/simon/trackdays/_DSC6894.JPG
http://www.nzlocal.com/simon/trackdays/_DSC7558.JPG
http://www.nzlocal.com/simon/trackdays/_DSC7610.JPG
http://www.nzlocal.com/simon/trackdays/_DSC7632.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Hey Camp Mother....fantastic, feeling extremely jealous about that track-time. Bike looks awesome and loved the recap !!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Spot on with those tyre pressures, now get some guards on those crank cases.
Glad you had fun Matey.
Thanks Donsy! Funny.. was talking about some of those guards last thursday evening...

The closest one is in Bahrain. That's having to cross Saudi Arabia but I am surly going to try doing that later this year.
If i was there... i would join you! Sounds like something cool todo on a MV :)

Noticed that you had the same model as Cruiser (here in NZ), you should check out the photos of his Brutale with the barend mirrors.. I didnt like them at first and then did a bike swap with him and was SOLD! they are much better in both vision, stability and looks better IMHO.

Tho i think the raw power of the 910R was a bit unexpected for him... cause it was going a bit faster than he expected :stickpoke

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks Donsy! Funny.. was talking about some of those guards last thursday evening...

If i was there... i would join you! Sounds like something cool todo on a MV :)

Noticed that you had the same model as Cruiser (here in NZ), you should check out the photos of his Brutale with the barend mirrors.. I didnt like them at first and then did a bike swap with him and was SOLD! they are much better in both vision, stability and looks better IMHO.

Tho i think the raw power of the 910R was a bit unexpected for him... cause it was going a bit faster than he expected :stickpoke
I am thinking of CRG bar end mirrors but as they are not available here I have to order them. Just ordered the Sidi Vortice just like yours from Motowheels(if you remember I had put up a thread some time back for the shoes). Will see how it goes as there seems to be a problem with the shipping :jsm:. Hope I get them soon. and maybe later order a few more accessories.:mouthwate

Man I would love to have the 910R sometime in the future.:yo:There is just 1 where I live so if the owner ever thinks of selling it :naughty:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am thinking of CRG bar end mirrors but as they are not available here I have to order them. Just ordered the Sidi Vortice just like yours from Motowheels(if you remember I had put up a thread some time back for the shoes). Will see how it goes as there seems to be a problem with the shipping :jsm:. Hope I get them soon. and maybe later order a few more accessories.:mouthwate

Man I would love to have the 910R sometime in the future.:yo:There is just 1 where I live so if the owner ever thinks of selling it :naughty:
I can get them pretty cheap here in NZ and have no problems shipping them over to you if that suits? I think they where about NZ$120 a set. I ended up taking my standard bar end weights into someone who took some of the thinkness off the inside so the mirrors fitted on. I'll take a photo and post it up.... Works really well.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I can get them pretty cheap here in NZ and have no problems shipping them over to you if that suits? I think they where about NZ$120 a set. I ended up taking my standard bar end weights into someone who took some of the thinkness off the inside so the mirrors fitted on. I'll take a photo and post it up.... Works really well.
When you say a "set" i.e. both right & left?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts