MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I guess most guys here would expect me to ramble on how the new RG3's gave the bike heaps more power and sounded so much better.

Well, both of those factors are true, but not by huge amounts. The bike was louder at the track, but hardly noticable over 150khp because of windnoise, and yes the bike felt slightly more powerful.

This isn't where I found the true benifits of the RG3's....in general my F4 is now easier to ride....let me explain.

There's corners at Phillip Island that can be attacked a number of different ways, in a number of gears....I usually like to go in with a higher gear and carry lots of corner speed..as I feel it give me more control mid corner and exit. The RG3's definately help in this respect...
eg: I like to use third gear for Siberia{turn6}, where there's a lot of guys that use second....there were times in the past if I stuffed up this corner, the F4 would bog down in typical F4 fashion as the exit is slightly up hill....with the RG3's, the bike seems to pull a lot harder down low, so i was confident to use third gear every time, knowing the bike would pull hard off the apex everytime...

With that said, it must pull a lot harder up high too because I found the limiter quite a lot in my first few sessions, not being use to how fast the engine was spinning up with the RG3's....this isn't exagerating: I've done so many trackdays on my stock F4, changing gear on the straight must be built into my brain...with the RG3's on, I was changing too late every time in the morning sessions until I re-calibrated.
It really does spin up harder and quicker.......love it :)

It was a very, very windy day , so I didn't bother with laptimes, but in general, I'm happy with the performance and usablity the RG3's give the bike..money well spent.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
RG3's are on my Christmas and Birthday list. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Velocemoto said:
It really does spin up harder and quicker.......love it [ /QUOTE]

Glad you didn't Hughes it this time. :toothless

Have you changed your gearing yet?

If not why?

You saving for a watch. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
hey, you didn't mention the benefit of the extra 2 feet of flames that shoot out when backfiring due to the more open pipes! that's got to keep some chaps off your back. :toothless

·
2,156 Posts
Style UNO,
hows things? my we all do get around dont we !!!!
Pete, how was the weather on the Island, looked a bit sus : and are you ok for the Anzac day ride ?
Cheers
:eek:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
JSM, you've got your fingers stretched across the internet don't you?

pete, do you have just the rg3 slip on only, or do you have the headers too? if not, i wonder what your impression would be then.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
style_one said:
JSM, you've got your fingers stretched across the internet don't you?
pete, do you have just the rg3 slip on only, or do you have the headers too? if not, i wonder what your impression would be then.
Yep, just the slip ons....was lucky to get these {secondhand, cheap}
If I spend any more money on the bike it will be to trade up to an SPR..
I have no desire to move to 1000, but I've ridden an SPR on track, and it felt perfect for how I like to ride....one day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts