MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Cleaned up the F4 for my first track day, is that a bad omen?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Please don't clean
make your check list, like oil, chain lube, nuts and bolts, brake and clutch, tires pressure, tape front and rear light, and mirror

have some fun

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Eagle Canyon Raceway in Texas.

@ PhilAgusta, already got that covered and taping up tomorrow.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Looking good :)

I have been guilty of not shining my bike up between track days :baddeal:

But, If time permits, I do. Takes away from the other rough edges my old girls got :jsm:

I'll bet your going to have the only MV at the track, so may as well let her shine. You could get some attention :)

Bad omen, nah, dropping your bike getting it off the trailer, now that would spook me a little.......

Just ride within your limits, in the right group with similar level riders, don't do anything stupid, and you'll have the time of your life.

Is this your first track day? Or just your first on the F4?

Either way, have fun :)

Oh, and we like pics :smoking:

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Might wanna grab a file and sharpen the footpegs a bit, or stick a set of knurled pegs in there. The stock set is slippery. I've almost fell off my horse a few times just riding around town before getting grippier rearsets. Oh, and make sure there's no oil catch rule in your club/class if you don't have the belly pan. Have fun. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Enjoy the day mate. If it's your first one, stay calm and breathe.
I've never heard of a track day where you have to worry about oil catch rules on the belly pan on a track day?
Pictures are required too...........

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Dons, there is with the group I ride with.
Really Art, what do the guys with Brutale's and other naked bikes do ?
I must say, unless you're in the licensed riders group, I think that's just crazy, very few bikes come standard from the factory with an enclosed bellypan.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Most of the track day organizations I ride with require Intermediate and Advanced groups to have Water+Water Wetter or equivalent in place of street coolant, but Novice group riders are generally allowed to use street coolant. They usually indicate that safety wiring and oil catch belly pans are recommended but not required. The track day groups in the US do all seem to have different policies though.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Really Art, what do the guys with Brutale's and other naked bikes do ?
I must say, unless you're in the licensed riders group, I think that's just crazy, very few bikes come standard from the factory with an enclosed bellypan.
Yeah. That is kind of crazy. The people I ride with just require tape and approved coolant and a bike with decent tires and other mechanicals for their Novices.

Who you riding with Art? And are you sure that's not just a "nice to have" rather than a requirement?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts