MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd save my first thread for the day I got my New MV F4 1000. So here goes!
I'd just like to say Hello to everyone, and congratulations to the creators of the Forum. You've done a really professional job, I'm sure MV would approve!
I've wanted an F4 1000 ever since I sat on one at the NEC Bike show two years ago. I used the forum to gain a lot of info about the bike. Keep up the good work!
We've had a fantastic summer over in the UK with clear skies and record temperatures, and the day I get my bike it just had to rain! Still, I did 15 miles and got home just before it started. So the rain didn't spoil the day, and I really enjoyed my short ride, a fantastic bike, I can't stop looking at it! I just hope the weather's good tomorrow!
Cheers! Mark Hancock
Derby, England

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Mark, congrats on your purchase! Be sure to get yourself in the registry and post up some photos of your beauty :drummer:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Congrats! Lots of new MV's on the forum lately.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hi Mark, Welcome.... I lived near Derby, place called Burton on Trent, they brew lots of beer there I recall....oh yes, enjoy the new machine!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Welcome Mark. Nice to see a few more Brits on the board. I think it's a great time to get a new MV as we are having one of our best summers here for many years. I look forward to seeing your pics. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies

Thanks for all the replies guys.
As requested I've attached a couple of images.
I got up this morning and was itching to get out on the bike, as I only managed a few miles after I picked up the bike yesterday, due to it raining.
Anyway I'd promised to take my wife and daughters out for a family picnic in the Peak District National Park. So I did my duty, and we had a lovely day out and got back at about 6:30pm.
As soon as we got home I was desperate to get a proper ride on the MV, so I got some quick pictures of me and the bike for the forum, and dashed off for a blast.
I live on the outskirts of the Peak District, and there are some great roads, some of which I sampled on my ride. I did just over 100 miles, and the bike was awesome, the only frustration was resisting the temptation to really open her up, which I couldn't do as I'm being a "good boy" and observing the "running in" instructions. Still, 6000rpm is still good for 90mph!
The first thing that struck me was how quick the MV steers, so much faster than my Ducati 996. Also the lack of engine braking compared with the Duke took a little getting used to. The gearbox is the smoothest I've ever used, and it's not even run in yet! My only real complaint is the mirrors, they are totally useless, even worse than the 996! With a bike this fast you have to have be able to see what's behind!
Cheers
Hank

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Farewell to The Ducati 996!

If you have to sacrifice a bike as beautiful as a 996, then there is only one bike that is arguably more beatiful, an MV F4.
I was sad to see my Ducati 996 go, but the wife made me do it Honest!!!!!
Just a couple of pictures of a totally unique 996, that I will sorely miss, except when I'm on my MV!!
She was a beauty, and I'll never forget her!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts