MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here come the newbie questions, but first...

obviously I am trying to stick to the strict running in regime, but I have to say what's all the fuss about maps, stalling etc (hopefully I haven't spoken too soon) or maybe the new 2014 fuelling map has solved the issues I keep reading about?... I have taken delivery & so far covered 200 miles with a mix of Motorway, A road, B road and city riding... All without issue at all... So far, so good. Bit light on power compared to what i'm used to (obviously - it's an 800), but I am running in, and would have bought the 1090 anyway if that was the requirement... This is specifically for B road fun, hopefully without loosing my licence!! Suspension felt good, maybe a few tweaks. The gear lever position was way too high, and the switchgear needed rotating... Lost count of how many times I hit the horn going for the indicators. Paint quality is really good, although I've already decided I want the front mudguard painted white to match, oh & the seat is really hard.... But... The bike is so nimble & flickable & easy to ride I've already had so much fun and it sounds great when you wind it on a little - addictive, can't wait 'til I can really wind it on :f4:

So... first Q. How on earth do I adjust the chain? (haven't had a single sider before). Can't believe the manual (service & user), don't give any clues & instead referr you to the dealer for such a standard maintenance adjustment???

·
Registered
830 Posts
The bike uses an eccentric chain adjuster. You need a special tool to adjust it, it looks like a big hook. You should have gotten it as it is shipped with the bike.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Unless you have a torque wrench, the c spanner and good tools, and know what your doing I suggest popping back and speaking to Russ and ask him to show you how to do it. It is simple, but without the correct tools don't even touch it.
jimboF4

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
In case you haven't been told already, the chain should be more loose than you are used to. Do not be tempted to tighten it less than the recommended spec.

Nice to see an Italia in the wild, where they belong.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Unless you have a torque wrench, the c spanner and good tools, and know what your doing I suggest popping back and speaking to Russ and ask him to show you how to do it. It is simple, but without the correct tools don't even touch it.
jimboF4
Jimbo is right. I did mine and it was no big deal but first I lined up the correct C spanner (from eBay) and had a torque wrench with hex sockets.

In short, you loosen the hex nuts then use the C-spanner to adjust the chain. Then retighten to the correct torque spec.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers all for the replies, think i'm been a bit keen to get it to bits for no reason :jsm:

Paul @ Bennetts suggested that they do stretch a bit on first use, but I needn't worry as they will check & adjust at 1st service... All perfectly normal.

All the bits are still in a box, waiting for me to collect... I was that keen just to ride away the day :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts