MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mile does it need to be done, what should I expect to be done for the first service and how much on average (in U.S.) should this cost. Special oil? Anything I should know?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Whaat

Did you buy this bike new ? Have you tried the manual ? Have your dealer told you nothing ?
or
Did you buy this second hand and you want to service it yourself ? Some more details would get more answers just a bit quicker.:stickpoke

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you wait till Monday I will tell you what they did with mine and how much in AUD it cost.

It should have at least 800kms (500 miles) but no more than 1200kms on it, mine will prob have 900-1000kms on it by the time I'm there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got mine couple weeks ago

What mile does it need to be done, what should I expect to be done for the first service and how much on average (in U.S.) should this cost. Special oil? Anything I should know?
The first service is at 600 miles and Yes I think your question is legitimate, no reason to be suspicious like the other guy! Dealer?..

·
Registered
322 Posts
How important is the first service? Mine now has about 900 miles. I changed the oil and filter myself. Valves need adjustment?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has 800 on it now, bought it with 460 on it 2nd hand from a Ducati Dealer. They said they'll service it but I wanted something to base the service on so I know they aren't jerking me around. I want the bike to be right. I don't want something to not get done that needs done. I have the manual but wasn't sure if it was very clear on this stuff. I could look I guess. They told me around 500mi but didn't say what they'd do other than oil change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts