MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well... Today I had the privilige to ride the Rivale. Thanks to my dealer Dipi-moto. The weather was also nice, so lucky me!

The first impressions!

This looks like a real MV Agusta and is beautiful although different than we know from MV. The technique is similar to the 3 cilinder range I guess. Nice detail is that the led daylights are in the ends of the steer.

When you sit and ride it it gives the feeling that you have almost nothing in front of you. Supermoto of off road riding position. I did not like that too much as I was sliding to the front and my nuts got squeezed. Also my knees were pushed a bit outwards by that bump that is there. Besides that the position is kind of cool.

The riding itself is great and funny enough reminded me of the Cagiva V-Raptor I once had. Also soundwise, but more revv happy. Very good and easy on short turns. Plenty of power for such a bike. No problems with the throttle response, but I am not that critical on this. But it went fine. On higher speeds the front gets a bit light so I guess that it capable of much more speed than will be comfortable. I had a bit of lack of riding experience, but maybe that is also because I used to the extreme F4.

In the end a great and complete bike! Personally I would not choose it and favor a Brutale next to the F4, but this is of course personal preference. Anyway... I did enjoy the ride :f4:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the mobile phone quality :thewife:

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
I had a highly modified Raptor 1000 before also - now I know what you mean ;) .
This is not MY bike I think. Will stay with my Brutie.......

BTW:
Moto.it did ride the Rivale too. Here is what they say:

http://www.moto.it/prove/mv-agusta-rivale-800.html

If you do not understand Italian give Google translator a chance ;) .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well that sounds very good to my ears talking about MV's development! A new toy to our collection, can't wait to try it someday somewhere...

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Awesome Erik. Thanks for sharing. Not a bike that I would own either but model line diversification is a healthy and promising sign in my book.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Yeah he says that now, put it in a group test with a triumph, BMW or a Ducati (as that is his current long termer) and it will magically become a pile of shite :(
Much the same as they did with the Brutale 800!
Chris...
You need to get over this and move on mate... You're beginning to sound like my wife, about me piling up the washed dinner dishes in a Jenga Stylie..

“ I told you the plates would drop and break on the floor.. "Now we haven’t got a complete set “… “ This is the third time you’ve done this”… “ Why don’t you put the plates away like any normal person”….:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:.

“ Errrrrr… because my ancestors were Greek and we like smashing plates”.. ... " Get over it"...

At this point we don't talk to each other for 2 years... ;)

Not really, I make it all up !

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hold tht subscription for the minute JDS

What cynical bunch of old farts we are eh:)

Surely Mr Neeves will report the facts truthfully :jsm:

All will be revealed in next weeks chip wrapper.

jimboF4

·
Registered
247 Posts
Maybe my bitch to Neeves about his scathing remarks on the Brutale 800 sunk in, he actually seems to like the Rivale. He is bound to dislike something and compare it to a truimph, I wonder what it will be.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hold that subscription for the minute JDS

I am totally confident Mr Neeves will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing else.:jsm:

jimboF4

Fast forward to the big group test and as Ackers predicted the MV will come last, a very distant last, because of appalling throttle response and because it handles like one of tesco's errant shopping trollies.:piss:

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts

Maybe Neeves will take the 5th amendment at the last minute, to protect himself against the MVosi ... :laughing:

Rivale hasn't really got anything to compare it against.. The nearest thing is the Husky Nuda 900 or Ducati Hypermotard...

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re Rivale ride

I rode it 2 weeks ago at The GP and loved it , very fun bike . I also had that feeling like there was no front end to it as you cannot see anything past the meter. But I would say i will see it often enough every time I lift the front end. and smile

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great to ride the new rivale :brutale:

Greatings from Switzerland

Marcel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Marcel, please share your thoughts on the bike you rode.
jimboF4

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I think that front mudguard is definitely style over substance?
What's with the rear number plate too, on the ones I've seen the indicators and plate are on that funny little floating mudguard thing behind the back wheel, one the one above it appears to be in the regular position?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Rode one briefly today. Plenty of poke.
Not sure how I need to evaluate the fueling. Engine somewhat coarse at low revs (had only 80km).
Feels a bit top heavy...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts