MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left the garage around 1 today with one mile on the bike pulled back in the garage around 4 with 155 miles The bike performed perfect,shifted so very smooth Hard to keep it under 6000 rpm. I cant wait to hit 300 miles then shift at 9000 rpm. I went with my 20 year old son his repsol is in storage so he rode my rv/harley ultra we swithed bikes after about 100 miles. I thought I got on a tractor heated seat was nice though. todays high was around 50

·
Registered
96 Posts
tdc85 said:
I left the garage around 1 today with one mile on the bike pulled back in the garage around 4 with 155 miles The bike performed perfect,shifted so very smooth Hard to keep it under 6000 rpm. I cant wait to hit 300 miles then shift at 9000 rpm. I went with my 20 year old son his repsol is in storage so he rode my rv/harley ultra we swithed bikes after about 100 miles. I thought I got on a tractor heated seat was nice though. todays high was around 50
Just wait until you have enough miles to open the right up. I'll never forget the first time I did, and the wheelie that was the result! :later:

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I remember when mine was going through its break in period, it was almost like the bike was daring me to go faster than i knew i was supposed to. it begged for me to crank back on the grip and let it sing from underneith me. looking back now, the only thing i really remember from all the break in period waiting is the sound the bike made when i cranked it all the way up to the rev limiter, and ilke previous stated the rise of the front wheel from the ground!! i am not sure about anyone else, but that was one of the best sounds and experiances i have had in my short life. it is the reason that i am typing this post and love coming to this board every day, to talk about MV's!! :grin:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yes I agree, my first wind up after the 1000kays were up was not really planned, was on a toll road, stopped to pay toll, and then you looks up, its like being on a deserted 3 lane wide track, there were no cars around and being a toll, not much chance of speed cameras.

As I said not planned, just rolled in on (and to be honest) just below limiter in the first 4 gears, and its a life changing experience, the noise from the RG3's and the intake howl, I thought the world had ended, man this bike is an animal, the speed that it winds up is surreal, its intoxicating I just wanted to stop and go and do it all over again!

And of course the MV hardly raised a sweat, so refined and dignified, balanced and in control.....

This is living!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Lets see some pics tdc85!! :smoking:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sun

john said:
Lets see some pics tdc85!! :smoking:
John,I'm waiting for sun. Yesterday was the first day with partial sun (went riding)I'm promise soon. I have had many requests and will deliver. I was thinking last night ,I should have snapped a shot of odometer with one mile. that would have been cool ten years from now.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
tdc85 said:
John,I'm waiting for sun. Yesterday was the first day with partial sun (went riding)I'm promise soon. I have had many requests and will deliver. I was thinking last night ,I should have snapped a shot of odometer with one mile. that would have been cool ten years from now.

Me too Thomas. Mine has got about 280 miles on now. Just been out for a blast. I've been working nights this week. Midnight - 9am today. Came home slept till 11am woke up feeling crap :cross: so I decided to have a quick ride (on the bike that is!). Just got home and I'm feeling great now. what a machine! :smoking: Trouble is it's a bas***d trying to keep to running in speeds. :bawling: Take some pics anyway, :) I know it looks better if it's sunny but you can always take more later. :)

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Put another 100 miles on yesterday, took it 9K rpm --- WOW!!!
But now, :bawling: rain, and even SNOW in the mountains where I just was :bawling:
Can't wait to take it to redline!

It's going to be extremely difficult to keep the miles low before I can get in for service.

What a machine--I tell my wife (who thinks I'm weird), it feels like a part of me - I think it and the bike responds. Amazing.

Also, I took some pics yesterday, I'll try to post them later.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm really happy for you. You've made the good choice.

I like the way you fit you ID plate ... :king:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts