MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was the first outing for the MV this year put a new tyre on the rear and was ready to go I got no more than 50 yards rounded a corner and she slipped and went down I was devistated having just completed the full carbon body bit last year so here is the damage mirror dead bar end trashed gear change snapped rear seat cowl scratched left fairing scratched clutch coved scratched !!!!!!!

Now for the good news I had a spare gear change and clutch cover so replaced them ordered a new set of carbon mirrors from emoto :)
Left fairing should be ok with some Tcut and elbow grease
seat cowl has a nasty scrape so I will cover it up for the time being till I saved up enough for a new one
but i need a stock bar end if anyone has one please let me know

Eddie

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sorry to hear about your spill Eddie. Have you asked Emoto if they can help you with the bar end weight? :)

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Ouch,

I feel sick thinking about it ! !

and with all that work last year, still its done you just gotta pick up and start again,

hope you get the repairs done quick and cheap

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Sorry to hear about this unfortunate news!! :(

Glad you did not get hurt, get her back in shape and all can be forgotten!

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Sorry you fell. Good luck repairing your bike!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
mveddie said:
Well today was the first outing for the MV this year put a new tyre on the rear and was ready to go I got no more than 50 yards rounded a corner and she slipped and went down I was devistated having just completed the full carbon body bit last year so here is the damage mirror dead bar end trashed gear change snapped rear seat cowl scratched left fairing scratched clutch coved scratched !!!!!!!

Now for the good news I had a spare gear change and clutch cover so replaced them ordered a new set of carbon mirrors from emoto :)
Left fairing should be ok with some Tcut and elbow grease
seat cowl has a nasty scrape so I will cover it up for the time being till I saved up enough for a new one
but i need a stock bar end if anyone has one please let me know

Eddie
i am SO sorry for your incident
i hope that in time... your "mental wounds" will be healed

let us know how things go with Emoto

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Oh what a pitty ! All this work and Money spend, everything gone in a blink of the eye. I was run over from behind at a Stop Signed Crossing by a Porsche in 2005. My Bike looked probably like Yours. That feeling was aweful, I didn't even knew what happened to me. Reading Your Story I must say You learned it the hard Way. New Tyres, and this is no secret, are slippery on the first Miles, like you come on a Ice Patch. Because of the Anti Sticking Grease (I don't know a better description) what the Tyre Manufacturers use to get the Tyres out of the Form. But hey, the Bike will be repaired and thank god you are Ok.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for all your support feeling much better about it toaday
The mirrors are orderd and I have got most of the scratches out of the side fairing and sorted the gear change and replaced the clutch cover so she ant looking to bad a friend of mine has taken the seat cowl to see if he can work some magic on it so I hope to be riding her again within the next 2 weeks after scrubing the tyres with sand paper !!!!
The tyers by the way are avon viper sports this is the second set I have had and found them very good.
Thanks again for all your support guys this forum rocks

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Hey eddie.. by bar end do you mean clip on?? or just the end piece?? I have some new bits ordered from emoto....if you need a stock one, I can send you mine when I get the new bits in... message me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts