MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my new F4 this evening. It's a 2011 build, just registered on a '13 plate in the two-tone grey colours with the red frame.

I was sorry to see the old F4 750 get loaded up and I've been wondering all week if I was doing the right thing, but my mind is now completely at ease!

The first thing to say is that I made the mistake of spending too long messing with the dash before thumbing the starter - it was flat! So an hour on the Optimate and an hour lost from the nice warm evening and I was finally set to go.

My first half a mile, through my estate and around a couple of small roundabouts was a bit wobbly and imprecise. But once I was on the country roads I gingerly let it stretch it's legs and boy, even at less than half max revs, as per the brake-in instructions, it sure does have some awesome torque!

I did about 30 miles in all and I loved it. Obvious power difference aside, every single aspect of it feels a huge improvement over my 750. It turns so quick, glides over bumps without sending shocks up my spine and arms. I got no neck ache from have to crane my head upwards to see ahead and the footpeg reach felt perfect. The pegs felt short though, to be fair.

The slipper clutch was a revelation, not having used one before, allowing me to change up and down so easily to get the engine working at different revs and speeds to help loosen it up.

I've got a night's sleep and a full day of work before I can jump on it again and I'm already counting the minutes down!

Si

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Nice, congratulations! Nice colorscheme too!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts