MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my first good ride (ortega hwy - so. cal.) on the f4 1000 i acquired last week.

WHAT A MOTORCYCLE!!!

the best way to describe the handling is "scalpel like." this machine is one very serious instrument. the front-end is so precise you could make the road the width of a sidewalk and feel like you've got room to spare. the control is telepathic. you think, the bike reacts.

seriously, only very slight inputs are required on the controls to get her to change lines in a corner. it's as if the steering has gain, an amplification of the rider's input. and very planted. no vagueness at all. if someone told me to hit a dime with the front tire blasting through a turn at 80 mph, this bike would do it and leave change.

the motor is equally amazing. good delivery. a nice flat torque curve. should really be called a "torque line" because that's what it feels like. any rpm above 4k, and it just pulls. i stayed in one gear (3rd i think) for almost the entire ride. they should just get rid of the rest of the other gears. it's just extra weight you need to carry around.

the brakes are good too. to be honest, i really didn't use them enough to form much of an impression. this was a canyon ride, and i like to follow "the pace" method (basically, no braking). i'm sure i'll get a much better feel for the brakes at the track.

i was always impressed by this bike stunning appearance. it's good to know that the beauty of this machine goes right to the core!

alex

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I am looking forward to my Senna's arrival.

I rode a F4-1000 for about 10 minutes last Thursday when I went to Pro Italia to see the Tamburini, I have to say I was very impressed with its handling... it felt very smooth and connected, and transitioned well like a smaller and lighter bike. the power was also very smooth and pulls hard. Didn't test the brakes though, it had only 2 miles on it and the pads+rotor & the tires are not even broken in.

Have fun! stay safe and don't get any tickets :later: .

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
odonata said:
Have fun! stay safe and don't get any tickets :later: .
no kidding!!!
the cops were out in FULL force on ortega today. i got a good run back from the lookout to about 10 miles from the 5 fwy before i ran into some slow (cage) traffic.

this bike could get me in a lot of trouble! i know that if i go up the crest, i'm going to have to work hard to keep a lid on it. there's a chp up there (officer stout) who's got it in for the bikers. i haven't had the misfortune of meeting him and i'd like to keep it that way.

but this bike is not going to make that easy at all!

btw, i can't imagine what a senna will feel like.

alex

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice one Alex! :) :smoking: :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts