MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 years with my 750, today I got to sample an F4 1000 for the first time....full RG3's on it as well.
My Father in law just bought it, on the basis of riding my F4 at the track for 6 laps....after that he was hooked.

Holly mother of god...the 1000 has so much more power it's frightening !!!
What a beast ! It's hard to understand how CRC have extracted so much more power...amazing

The rest of the bike was familiar F4, so all rather comfortable for me...apart from the intimidating power.

While the bike was an absolute giggle with all that bearly usable power on tap, I can honestly see why people get addicted to such powerful beasts.
I'm full of admiration for what MV have done to transform the F4 with the 1000, but I'll stick with revving the crap out of my 750 for now....

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Ben, with RG3's at >5000rpm the sound makes the hair on your neck stand up, stuff the ear plugs.....! Whens the Senna comming? Must be close...

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
The first shipment of 6 Sennas to Pro Italia is due any day now, I am # 11 of the 17 they ordered, so I still have to wait a bit longer, hopefully not too long.

Too bad I don't think the Senna are going to have the extra RG3s like SPR, AGO and Tamburini... are you going to get the AGO? if so, are you trading in your F4 1000? don't you have an RG3 on your bike? :naughty:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Both the 750 and the 1000 F4 have their merits. :) I certainly wish I could have afforded to keep my Evo III and have my current bike too. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Pete,

The difference in torque between the bikes is light night and day, like a boys voice change from puberty to manhood, like Heineken to Guinness.

The SPR as it advance up the rpm range too has a similar power.

I don't hate to say this, but, now that you've been bitten, if you can find a way to swing it :idea: you will... Think of it; YOU WILL BE :king: !

Peter

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Ben, Yes fitted RG3's at 1st service, intention is to hold on to this bike as I have put quite a bit into it and have the Ago as a collector, not to say I won't ride it, that would be silly, however it would be kept in stock condition and admired for years and years! :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got back from a 400km ride today, with both the F4 1000 and my 750. I rode the 1000 over 100km in varying road conditions....

I've long been a believer that the 750 is perfect for me...but the 1000 is the better road bike, without question. More torque, and where you need it for any situation.
For everyday riders, the 1000 is the better option as well, as it's so much easier to hussle along than the 750. Handling is 100% F4 too, so nothing has been lost.
To ride the 750 on the edge of it's redline, and extract everything it has, is still a wonderful experience for me, and it's something I'll never tire of.....but the F4 1000 has moved ahead leaps and bounds to join the big boys in the litre class.

What I really liked about the 1000 was it's split personality....you could ride pretty quick really easy, the bike hardly working...yet, try a bit harder, rev it a bit harder, and the F4 turned into an animal..it was an absolute handful, lifting, bucking, exploding out of corners.... loads of fun !!!

Will I get one....hmmm, maybe one day.
I'd love to have both, as I really feel they have very different personalities.
The 750 is still a great bike...but it's excitement is hidden, and you have to find it:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Very nicely summed up Pete, my exact sentiments......

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Velocemoto said:
(...)
Holly mother of god...the 1000 has so much more power it's frightening !!!
What a beast !(...)
These were exactly my thoughts, when I rode the 1K the first time... amazing. :conveyer:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MV-999R said:
Hehehehehe, another one that saw the light :king:
Not necessarily seen the light...I've ridden lots a mega-poweful bikes. R1's and the like. I always knew the F4 1000 would be a great bike, and it is. It's awsome; but like I said earlier, I still love my 750, and more importantly what I can do with her and how much I can extract...I love that dimension of my riding.
I could probably still go quicker on my 750, than a 1000, if that makes sence.

What surprized me about the 1000, was how the power comes in so early and just keeps building...like a train !! Totally in reverse to the 750....a remarkable achievement by CRC.

The 1000 is astounding..it's performance capabilities outlandish...but the 750 suits 'ME' more. It is my kind of bike.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Velocemoto said:
Not necessarily seen the light...I've ridden lots a mega-poweful bikes. R1's and the like. I always knew the F4 1000 would be a great bike, and it is. It's awsome; but like I said earlier, I still love my 750, and more importantly what I can do with her and how much I can extract...I love that dimension of my riding.
I could probably still go quicker on my 750, than a 1000, if that makes sence.

What surprized me about the 1000, was how the power comes in so early and just keeps building...like a train !! Totally in reverse to the 750....a remarkable achievement by CRC.

The 1000 is astounding..it's performance capabilities outlandish...but the 750 suits 'ME' more. It is my kind of bike.
Awwwwww..... I knew you would say that :)

And yeah, you're right. The power on the 1000 starts way early (almost feels like a twin).

I think you would easly get use to the 1000 so that it would suit YOU better than the 750, but i know what you mean.......... i got the 749R for the same reason ;)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"I think you would easly get use to the 1000 so that it would suit YOU better than the 750"
Yes, too true....it would make a fabulous companion:)

" got the 749R for the same reason "
yep...and I absolutely loved the engine from the 748R..it was high revving and awsome to use.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts