MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and picked up my B800 today and unloaded it in time to go for a short ride in rather cold weather.

Very initial impressions.

The throttle does feel different from my two Triumphs. I've only tried normal and it's not snatchy. It is sensitive, however.

The motor and throttle response\feel are much better from about six thousand rpms and up. Below that it feels a little off. Disconnected isn't the right word. Slightly remote?

It's quieter than I thought it would be.

This is my first experience with a quickshifter. It's going to take a while to break out of the clutch-up habit. It worked the same at low rpms as it did higher up.

I was really surprised by the ride quality. Skipping along some rough city streets at about 60kms an hour - potholes, mancovers, big ripples, frost heave - and the ride was great. I figured it would be a lot firmer and stiffer feeling, and hop over bumps because of the wheelbase. Nope. Felt great. I'm 160 pounds without gear.

This might sound weird. I've sat on a couple Benelli TNTS, an 899 and a 1130. To me the B800 feels similar, the bar\seat\tank\levers interface.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great to hear about your new bike. Where are you located that makes you have to deal with frost heaves?

Also, how do you like the bike? You and I weigh about the same so it's good to hear the suspension is working for you in the same condition sill have to deal with.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts