MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to do about 175 miles today - nice weather and not too much sand in the canyons. The bike is brilliant. Yes, it's fast - - I knew that - it's the handling and ride quality that makes it so much fun. This is my first non-Ohlins bike and I have to say the Marzocchi forks are really impressive as is the rear Sach. Love the tires too.

Very, very happy with my decision - can't wait to get in some longer rides.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Welcome to the family Multipass! I have Flynbulldog's Brutale. I have put a few more miles on it than he had but I use lot more of the tire. He only used the edges. We should all go for a ride some day soon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the family Multipass! I have Flynbulldog's Brutale. I have put a few more miles on it than he had but I use lot more of the tire. He only used the edges. We should all go for a ride some day soon.
Great meeting you too PJ - I'll make a point of getting all of us together for an outing. Bummer about today's weather.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Juney, Tony says you're getting ready to sell the bikes... :confused:

·
Registered
673 Posts
No you can't have your bike back Mike! I'm looking at maybe selling the CBR1000RR if you want it :) Lady driven on Sundays :naughty::naughty: I have to keep the Brutale, it's too special to sell AND I need it for the Bubbalicious or Randy would hide my bike away in the horse stall like he did with Gary's Ninja 1000 lol.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Great meeting you too PJ - I'll make a point of getting all of us together for an outing. Bummer about today's weather.
It's just snow....give it a day to melt and a couple days for the cars to scrub us a line in the sand and we're good :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
No you can't have your bike back Mike! I'm looking at maybe selling the CBR1000RR if you want it :) Lady driven on Sundays :naughty::naughty: I have to keep the Brutale, it's too special to sell AND I need it for the Bubbalicious or Randy would hide my bike away in the horse stall like he did with Gary's Ninja 1000 lol.
Haha, OK, I won't try to get your bike from you. We'll have to see what else is available around here.

·
Registered
673 Posts
do you want it back? it must be more valuable now that it's a chick bike right?

·
Registered
673 Posts
well next time you sell a bike to me please just come directly to my house with it...you know I'll likely take what ever you've worked on, complete with all the little plastic bags, bits and pieces in the boxes. Talk about neat and organized. Other than your obsession with carbon fiber, your wife must LOVE having you for a husband. Gary's pretty tidy too, so I know what it's like :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Comparison

Multipass,

Was/is your Multistrada the 1200?
If yes, how does it compare to the Brutale?

Comparatively, what are the pros and cons of each.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Got a chance to do about 175 miles today - nice weather and not too much sand in the canyons. The bike is brilliant. Yes, it's fast - - I knew that - it's the handling and ride quality that makes it so much fun. This is my first non-Ohlins bike and I have to say the Marzocchi forks are really impressive as is the rear Sach. Love the tires too.

Very, very happy with my decision - can't wait to get in some longer rides.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Multipass,

Was/is your Multistrada the 1200?
If yes, how does it compare to the Brutale?

Comparatively, what are the pros and cons of each.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I love my Multi - and have almost 20K trouble free, blissful miles on it. If I could only own one bike it would be the Multi. For me it all comes down to what your use case is - for me - the Multi is perfect for when I'm going to be doing 400 mile days to get to, from, and in between great canyon riding we have here in the Rockies. Examples of this would be multi-day tours around Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, etc. It's fast and comfortable getting 'there' and then it's nearly sports bike like once you're there. We also take the Multis on dirt - some think this is nuts - but it's actually quite capable.

I bought the Brutale for two reasons - I've never owned an inline 4 and was curious to see how I would like that design compared to the V twins - and - I wanted a smaller, lighter and lower bike for 100-200 mile rides that we do from Denver into the local foothills. I am 5'8" and about 135 lbs. soaking wet so for local, around town riding the Multi is more of a handful at 100 lbs more and almost 2" higher than the Brutale.

I am thrilled with the Brutale - so far. It is exactly what I thought it would be - exhilarating yet practical in the sense that the riding ergos are quite comfortable and the size and weight fit my intended use case.

So, how far are you from the riding you like to do? Or, how comfortable will you be on the Brutale after 200 miles? My first real ride on the Brutale was last weekend - about 4 hours and about 200 miles and I thought it was very comfortable. But 8 hour days, luggage for multi-day tours, wind protection, heated grips, hanging GPS, radar detector off the handle bars, etc. would probable have me throwing an appreciative leg over the Multi.

Does that help?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I own a multistrada too and I have to agree with Multipass. The two bikes are great for very different things.
I love the multi; it's the lightest and most powerful adventure bike on the market, it handles better than the other adv offerings too. And, my bike has also seen well over 20,000 trouble-free miles.

I don't think the multi and the brutale are made for the same use or style of riding although both are very capable, fun and fast bikes.
The multi is an adventure/ touring bike and the Brutale is a naked/ streetfighter/ roadster. Both are very high performing bikes.

I also would have to say if I could only have one the Multi would be it. But the Brutale is a real privilege to own and ride.
(I no-longer own my 1078RR - puny juney has it. But you never know what may come up in the future)

·
Registered
673 Posts
(I no-longer own my 1078RR - puny juney has it. But you never know what may come up in the future)
My house is where all of your bikes should enjoy their retirement :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
second big ride on the brutale (for Multipass) :hitit:
Hit the canyon today for a big turkey-egg hunt, what a kick!
What a day! No one out on the roads but us blasphemists!

June - we didn't want to interrupt your Easter Sunday plans - but we want to get out with you and will call next time - this coming weekend maybe?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks

Thanks, that helps immensely.

Like you, I am looking for a lighter, around town, motorcycle.
Been looking at nakeds.

I hope to join the Brutale club soon.

I love my Multi - and have almost 20K trouble free, blissful miles on it. If I could only own one bike it would be the Multi. For me it all comes down to what your use case is - for me - the Multi is perfect for when I'm going to be doing 400 mile days to get to, from, and in between great canyon riding we have here in the Rockies. Examples of this would be multi-day tours around Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, etc. It's fast and comfortable getting 'there' and then it's nearly sports bike like once you're there. We also take the Multis on dirt - some think this is nuts - but it's actually quite capable.

I bought the Brutale for two reasons - I've never owned an inline 4 and was curious to see how I would like that design compared to the V twins - and - I wanted a smaller, lighter and lower bike for 100-200 mile rides that we do from Denver into the local foothills. I am 5'8" and about 135 lbs. soaking wet so for local, around town riding the Multi is more of a handful at 100 lbs more and almost 2" higher than the Brutale.

I am thrilled with the Brutale - so far. It is exactly what I thought it would be - exhilarating yet practical in the sense that the riding ergos are quite comfortable and the size and weight fit my intended use case.

So, how far are you from the riding you like to do? Or, how comfortable will you be on the Brutale after 200 miles? My first real ride on the Brutale was last weekend - about 4 hours and about 200 miles and I thought it was very comfortable. But 8 hour days, luggage for multi-day tours, wind protection, heated grips, hanging GPS, radar detector off the handle bars, etc. would probable have me throwing an appreciative leg over the Multi.

Does that help?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts