MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got out for a quick blast on my new purchase this morning.
I will need to fine tune my riding skills but Geezus, what a bike!

However, the first thing I noticed and the reason for my question is the throttle response.
Its hard to explain but from closed position to roll on, it seems to be either on or off.
I did notice that there are a lot of threads here about "snatchy" throttle and the benefits of fitting a X-Bikes Microtec ECU, or a MV Agusta Race Type ECU EPROM. Is that what it all about?
I also found a thing called The Throttle Tamer that has a cam in the handgrip. Any good??

I dont really want to lash out a heap of cash to deal with one issue, so can I have some advice on what path I should be taking?
My bike came fitted with a heap of extras including a Power Commander but this seems weird.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It comes down to fueling, hence the recommended changes in the ECU. The more parameters that can be changed the better you can fine tune to your liking. Power commander & chip does fuel and Microtech does both fuel and ignition. I'm not sure if your power commander adjusts from zero throttle position. Throttle tamer does nothing for on/off feeling. It just slows down the rate of opening the throttle..more gradual. There should be some threads on the adjustment of your power commander.

·
Registered
14,413 Posts
?

Brutal1078;
fueling is only one of the issues.....

the ignition maps sucks and the fans don't come on soon enough :naughty:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Brutal1078;
fueling is only one of the issues.....

the ignition maps sucks and the fans don't come on soon enough :naughty:
Does a new chip change ignition map, or just fuel? Just wondering? When I had my 2004 Brutale I recall getting chip, PC, and lower temp sensor at radiator for fans to come on earlier. It ran pretty good after I dyno tuned it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I'll start with the easiest thing first and try the Throttle Tamer. Reviews look good and it makes sense.
Will also try to smooth out my riding style as I get used to the power of this weapon.
Let's see eh!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Kel, if you are used to something like a Z750 then the throttle can be very on/off. You will get used to it after a bit, but you might also want to get things like the throttle cables setup properly. Where in Sydney are you ?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kel, if you are used to something like a Z750 then the throttle can be very on/off. You will get used to it after a bit, but you might also want to get things like the throttle cables setup properly. Where in Sydney are you ?
I'm coming from a long term V-Twin ownership mate!

·
Administrator
19,530 Posts
Ride it at higher rpms....the on/off throttle disappears when you keep the engine spinning.

At least, that's my experience. Maybe it's just my wrist??

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi, just picked up my 910r from the mechanic. He installed det Microtec M226.
And frist impression is that the bikes on/off throttle "switch" is compleetly gone. And that is with standard map installed from X-bikes...
Riding through the city suddently was a smooth ride.
/Henrik
I just picked up a 07 910r and am curious about the microtek myself. I have done a lot of reading here and it seems to be the way to go.

Since I live in a rural area a local tuner is out of the question. Some of you get so far into these that I feel like I need a College education. The bike is located in Vegas now but I'm not sure of any reputable tuners.

I have been on Racer X web site but not much info. Guess I should contact them and go from there. Seems like they include a very good map as ordering direct from microtek is a base map. Bike is all stock except for the CAT delete pipe.

Any tips you can throw my way is appreciated. I'll spend the money if it is worth it. Seems like it is from Racer X with the results and customer service.

tt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts