MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my gallery some pictures of the parts i just receive from my painter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bike will be complete end of the week... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Very nice pics Alex it's looking good (rims look great too), look forward to seeing it all together...just sorry I wont be able to see it in the flesh.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
does that painter owe you alot of money or something? that is some top level paintwork. i'd hate to see the price tag you hang on that bike! i guess you don't care about resale value? LOL!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
you know, on looking at that album again, you are making a mockery of my photoshop iterations. your visions actually come true!! can i come work with you? i'll just live in the shop. :D

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Out of pure curiosity b/c Style and i were talking about it the other day. What would it cost someone in the states to get a custom paint job done on their MV in US$$. Also, do you paint the bikes and sell them, or do most of the paint jobs have owners before they are finished? if you don't want to post it send a PM.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I am also curious of the same thing. It appears that for some (ie the corse replica) they have buyers already. As for the zonda project..

BY THE WAY if you get invited to pagani's HQ in italy, I want to be there :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I too would be interested in a custom paint job. The Zonda looks good, but above all I really like the "White Edition"

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
admin said:
I am also curious of the same thing. It appears that for some (ie the corse replica) they have buyers already. As for the zonda project..

BY THE WAY if you get invited to pagani's HQ in italy, I want to be there :)
the painter is like a "painter" with a cult following...

When is Zonda going to do a MV replica on their car? :stickpoke :stickpoke :naughty:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys !!! generaly , the bikes i made are sold before , it's better for me to find someone who like the color scheme i made before really painting the bike!!
in the sale price of the bike , 2000 € goes to the paint work!
i can make some for all of you for a better price of course......!!!!!!!!!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
alkatraxx said:
thanks guys !!! generaly , the bikes i made are sold before , it's better for me to find someone who like the color scheme i made before really painting the bike!!
in the sale price of the bike , 2000 € goes to the paint work!
i can make some for all of you for a better price of course......!!!!!!!!!
how about helmet painting? I am thinking about some kind of Senna 1000 design on a Vemar C?F helmet... how much will that be?

·
Registered
878 Posts
odonata said:
how about helmet painting? I am thinking about some kind of Senna 1000 design on a Vemar C?F helmet... how much will that be?
Gotta be very, very careful with helmet painting. You have to make sure the painter does NOT heat cure the paint. Heat curing will damage the insulation material. In the factory they bake the shell without the insulation and afterwards, they bond the insulation to the shell. I asked several helmet reps for a blank unpainted helmet, but they ALL said they would not do that, as they really don't want the public painting their own helmet...due to the possible heat curing at the paint shop. :cussing:

I asked my painter, and he said he does not heat cure/bake the paint. But he will ask for a signed release to relieve him of all liabilities before he paints. :eek:nthecan:

Vemar doesn't lend itself well to painting what you are looking for. If you look at the MV helmet paint schemes, they all have the ear piece visor cover. They only quality helmets with the visor cover pieces are Arai and Suomy... I know I've been toying with exactly the same idea. :later:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts