MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, sort of............ read on.

I have never sold an MV in my life but recently acquired a (another) 350 Ipotesi a perfect bike with only 8200klms when I got it. This lovely bike was owned by a wonderful gentleman whom I subsequently also acquired a 1966 Lincoln Continental from (see thread in 'other Marques' if interested in background) - anyhow the bike wasn't running due to the almost obligatory Dansi ignition failure.

I've installed a Powerdynamo unit (which I can almost do with my eyes closed now) and the bike runs like a dream - in fact, of the 3 Ipotesis that I own this is easily the best performer.

So why is it the one that I am sort of selling? Simply because, my original 350 is the first MV I was able to own - cannot part with that even though it is the problem child of the collection. The other one I spent 15 years making into an 'Tributo Ago' bike, so that's going nowhere.

As I said, this one is the best of the lot - it boasts the highest top speed (GPS checked) is in perfect condition and comes with the complete original Dansi ignition system if you'd like that for posterity.

Here's the catch - this is not a cash sale - in fact I will give YOU the bike and ALSO give you some more money on top of it. Sound too good to be true? Well, it kind of is, I want a 350 electronica for my collection, I am motivated but of course the bike I seek will need to be a comparable standard of this 350, I am not interested in project bikes. I am seeking a pristine 350 in a bike + cash deal, for the right bike I will go to $4K on top of this bike.

Also, not interested in overseas bikes - am seeking an Australian bike - so if you have one and are thinking of a change or a update to a slightly more modern bike with a respectable wad in your pocket, here's your chance :)

Thanks for reading.

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Could you just send me the bike and some money?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hell, I'll take the bike without the money :laughing: :laughing:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is one cool bike to add to ones collection. Shame i dont have a 350 electronica lol. Goodluck rob

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Thanks Sam, If you come across one you know where to find me :)

No rush, I am happy to keep this bike, the other 350's have full fairings & the "Tributo" even has had its frame altered & believe it or not they ride quite differently - so keeping this one as a naked version isn't really a hardship ;)

Could you just send me the bike and some money?
As much as I love you Chucky the answer is still ....... NO :laughing:

Hell, I'll take the bike without the money :laughing: :laughing:
OMG you would? I do love this place, where else would one find such selflessness in members? :drummer:

·
Vendor
5,489 Posts
God Rob,almost had a heart attack when I started reading the post (don't do that) I thought you were breaking up the fine collection.Hope you find what you are after in Australia.Good luck.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
God Rob,almost had a heart attack when I started reading the post (don't do that) I thought you were breaking up the fine collection.Hope you find what you are after in Australia.Good luck.
No chance of the collection being broken up Mitchy - well at least not while I have my faculties and have a say ;) If it doesn't work out that's ok - this girl has a home as long as she needs it :)

Heu, excuse moi Biloute ...

But MV, isn't it Italien ??? :D :D :D

Xavier
:laughing: :laughing: Biloute :laughing: :laughing:

Yes Correct, it IS ITALIAN so I cannot have an Australian MV - a Frenchman corrected my English I am indeed 'Biloute' :laughing: :laughing:

I hope you are keeping well Xavier (and working less hard) :)

good luck thats a beautiful bike
She is indeed :mouthwate and rides as ggod as it looks :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
If it is extra space that you need Rob for another bike....You can always send it down my way, I am sure it will be comfortable in the entry along with the little 125 Sport to keep it company. It would get well looked after with nice Sunday afternoon rides and what ever else it needs.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it is extra space that you need Rob for another bike....You can always send it down my way, I am sure it will be comfortable in the entry along with the little 125 Sport to keep it company. It would get well looked after with nice Sunday afternoon rides and what ever else it needs.
Nathan, If I ever have to foster out one of my bikes, having seen how you 'keep' yours, I can assure you that you'd be top of my list ;)

But for now it is not about space (as the other bike will take up the same space -lol) but principally about money, this deal is a way of adding a different MV to the stable without the headache (and heart felt pain) of selling one & replacing it with another. If it doesn't happen, this little darling has a warm spot in the shrine for pretty much eternity - or my version of eternity, which is until I get old & senile. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Well, sort of............ read on.

I have never sold an MV in my life but recently acquired a (another) 350 Ipotesi a perfect bike with only 8200klms when I got it. This lovely bike was owned by a wonderful gentleman whom I subsequently also acquired a 1966 Lincoln Continental from (see thread in 'other Marques' if interested in background) - anyhow the bike wasn't running due to the almost obligatory Dansi ignition failure.

I've installed a Powerdynamo unit (which I can almost do with my eyes closed now) and the bike runs like a dream - in fact, of the 3 Ipotesis that I own this is easily the best performer.

So why is it the one that I am sort of selling? Simply because, my original 350 is the first MV I was able to own - cannot part with that even though it is the problem child of the collection. The other one I spent 15 years making into an 'Tributo Ago' bike, so that's going nowhere.

As I said, this one is the best of the lot - it boasts the highest top speed (GPS checked) is in perfect condition and comes with the complete original Dansi ignition system if you'd like that for posterity.

Here's the catch - this is not a cash sale - in fact I will give YOU the bike and ALSO give you some more money on top of it. Sound too good to be true? Well, it kind of is, I want a 350 electronica for my collection, I am motivated but of course the bike I seek will need to be a comparable standard of this 350, I am not interested in project bikes. I am seeking a pristine 350 in a bike + cash deal, for the right bike I will go to $4K on top of this bike.

Also, not interested in overseas bikes - am seeking an Australian bike - so if you have one and are thinking of a change or a update to a slightly more modern bike with a respectable wad in your pocket, here's your chance :)

Thanks for reading.

Looks in mint condition Rob, good luck with the sale/trade

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Rob there are two points in this this deal with which I can't agree.
A is that You betray the great old gentlemen You bought it from with the promise to care about it forever.
B is that I can't imagine somebody who owned and nursed a 350B or BE for many years to give his bike away to get a little more modern looking Tipo 216.
Look I wouldn't even think for a split second to trade my 350B bastards for a Tipo 216.
I collected many spare parts for my old girls including a replacement engine and so did likely many other owners of a Tipo 213.
But hey I need another bike in TN and I promise You You can ride it when ever You come to the US of A.
Including bubbas weekend.
And I would give You the bucks to pay for Your Disco Volante.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks in mint condition Rob, good luck with the sale/trade
Thanks Adrian, it is a credit to the previous owner :)

Rob there are two points in this this deal with which I can't agree.
A is that You betray the great old gentlemen You bought it from with the promise to care about it forever.
B is that I can't imagine somebody who owned and nursed a 350B or BE for many years to give his bike away to get a little more modern looking Tipo 216.
Look I wouldn't even think for a split second to trade my 350B bastards for a Tipo 216.
I collected many spare parts for my old girls including a replacement engine and so did likely many other owners of a Tipo 213.
But hey I need another bike in TN and I promise You You can ride it when ever You come to the US of A.
Including bubbas weekend.
And I would give You the bucks to pay for Your Disco Volante.
Hi Ralf,

You sell me short my old friend, I thought you knew me better than that! :(

A. The old gentleman is not being betrayed, far from it - he was happy that it was coming to a good home & I made it clear that once I had it running, I would consider trading it for another MV to make my collection more rounded model wise. Failing that the bike would go nowhere and remain with me - he was & is happy with that. In fact, as it fired up, I made a telephone call to him so that he could hear it running. He was thrilled with that courtesy and consideration. Furthermore, he was happy as Larry that I had a new ignition in & it running perfectly within 4 days of picking it up which he could not believe. Definitely NOT a betrayal.

B. If you don't run a flag up a flag pole you'll never know if someone will salute it. Ok sure, you don't want to salute it but you also cannot assume that every other 350B owner is of the same mindset as you :) Of course, I am also offering a cash incentive to soften the 'blow' which I think you have missed, this may be benefit to somebody, you can't know everyone's circumstances.

I don't need money for my Disco Volante - that is sorted but thank you for your kind offer (I think, as I don't undertand your comment in that regard) :confused:

I don't expect to be coming back to the USA in any hurry, was at Bubba Weekend in 2011, I had an absolute ball. While, it is very much a country we love, having been there on 5 vacations there is much of the world that still needs to be covered so that is the future plan - but if I find myself on the neighbourhood, I would love to catch up & discuss MV Agustas with a fellow aficionado.:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I hope you find the right bike to add to your collection and just as important find the right person to take good care of the "swap" bike.
On a side note there was one at a dealer in Victoria that deals in classic bikes. I remember seeing it advertised a while ago. From memory was probably a bit pricey though. I always like looking at the 350's as one would be a great addition.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope you find the right bike to add to your collection and just as important find the right person to take good care of the "swap" bike.
On a side note there was one at a dealer in Victoria that deals in classic bikes. I remember seeing it advertised a while ago. From memory was probably a bit pricey though. I always like looking at the 350's as one would be a great addition.

Thanks Nathan, things will work out fine, they always do ;) It goes without saying that I would give careful consideration where the bike was going if in fact it was going.

Actually that particular dealer you speak of, I noticed has BOTH versions of the 350s and have (much to my surprise) valued the difference at pretty much what I have. Maybe I am in the wrong job - lol.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Rob take my comment with a pinch of humor and time will tell if I'm right.
At least that is how I see it.
And if You are in peace with the elder gentleman the better it is.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rob take my comment with a pinch of humor and time will tell if I'm right.
At least that is how I see it.
And if You are in peace with the elder gentleman the better it is.
D'accordo. :)

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
robbbbbbbbie
am i reading this right
have u got a disco volante?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts