MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The closest MV dealer to me is 2.5 hrs drive.

In considering buying a new MV dealer services are a serious consideration.

What should I be prepared to encounter, and what are some of MV's reoccurring service issues?

I am considering the new Brutale 800 Dragster

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Welcome Faust.
Where are you on this big blue marble?
The Dragster is so new that I don't think anyone has any nits to pick...yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Faust.
Where are you on this big blue marble?
The Dragster is so new that I don't think anyone has any nits to pick...yet.
In the Northwest corner of North Carolina, in the Blue-ridge mountains.

I guess I should have expanded my question to address MV service issues in general, for bikes in the last few years.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Well, there is a search function at the top of the page.
Issues that folks have had don't always apply across models.
I'd suggest a bit of light reading through the sections...you'll be surprised what you learn.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I'd echo what Chuck (silentservice) said. But know that the Dragster is mechanically the same as the other Brutale 800s. Some B-3 800 owners evidently had complaints with early fuel maps, and there was a gear indicator problem, but best to spend time reading as much as you can in the B3 sub-forum. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Welcome. I have found my MV to be the easiest bike I have owned to work on. This is compared to the Honda, Yamaha, and Ducati bikes I have owned in the past.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gentlemen, Thanks. I'll enjoy the read, and hopefully, the ride. I've been a long-time BMW rider, but the mountains where I live call for something with a bit more soul and excitement.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Posting Pictures to a Thread on MV Agusta.net
1. Poke the “Go Advanced” button at the bottom of the “Quick Reply” window.
2. Scroll down to “Additional Options” and poke the “Manage Attachments” button.
3. Expand that window and note the “File Type” and “Max File Size” limitations.
4. Two choices are available: “Upload File From Your Computer” or “Upload File From a URL”.
5. Paste your desired URL into the appropriate window and poke the UPLOAD button, OR…
6. Poke the CHOOSE FILE button and browse for your file/doc/picture and select what you want to upload. (You can do this multiple times, one for each CHOOSE FILE button).
7. When images have been “chosen”, or a URL has been added, poke the UPLOAD button to the right of the appropriate window.
8. If the file is of an inappropriate type, or size, you will get a warning at the top of the “Manage Attachments” window and the image will not upload. Fix the error and go through the process again.
9. If the image uploads correctly, the file extensions will disappear from the “Manage Attachments” window. You can now close the “Manage Attachments” window.
10. You will now see, in the “Attach Files” section of the “Additional Options” window, the files that can be attached.
11. Scroll back up to the message body window of the “Reply to Thread” section and you will see an “Attachments” drop down button.
12. Place your cursor where you want the image to be within your message.
13. Poke the drop down for “Attachments”, highlight the attachment you want and click on it. The attachment designator will appear in you message.
14. Repeat for all attachments you want.
15. You can, then, either PREVIEW POST or SUBMIT and you should see your images in the post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Posting Pictures to a Thread on MV Agusta.net
1. Poke the “Go Advanced” button at the bottom of the “Quick Reply” window.
2. Scroll down to “Additional Options” and poke the “Manage Attachments” button.
3. Expand that window and note the “File Type” and “Max File Size” limitations.
4. Two choices are available: “Upload File From Your Computer” or “Upload File From a URL”.
5. Paste your desired URL into the appropriate window and poke the UPLOAD button, OR…
6. Poke the CHOOSE FILE button and browse for your file/doc/picture and select what you want to upload. (You can do this multiple times, one for each CHOOSE FILE button).
7. When images have been “chosen”, or a URL has been added, poke the UPLOAD button to the right of the appropriate window.
8. If the file is of an inappropriate type, or size, you will get a warning at the top of the “Manage Attachments” window and the image will not upload. Fix the error and go through the process again.
9. If the image uploads correctly, the file extensions will disappear from the “Manage Attachments” window. You can now close the “Manage Attachments” window.
10. You will now see, in the “Attach Files” section of the “Additional Options” window, the files that can be attached.
11. Scroll back up to the message body window of the “Reply to Thread” section and you will see an “Attachments” drop down button.
12. Place your cursor where you want the image to be within your message.
13. Poke the drop down for “Attachments”, highlight the attachment you want and click on it. The attachment designator will appear in you message.
14. Repeat for all attachments you want.
15. You can, then, either PREVIEW POST or SUBMIT and you should see your images in the post.
This is great! Thanks.

If I would have asked this question on ADV I would been insulted, derided for being an idiot, slapped around, dragged being an knobbie-tired-mule and than told how. And of course it would have been fun and everyone would laugh and drink beer.

This was easier! I think I like this place! LOL! Now 'I've gotta find the pics! Oh, tomorrow...

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
All of that will come later Faust...we have to lure you in first.:smoking:

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I like the Brutale 800 Italia but would have to powder coat the wheels gold or black.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
No question the Brutale 800 Italia is a standout B3. If it appeals to you, go for it. You won't see another very often, which is nice. :brutale:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No question the Brutale 800 Italia is a standout B3. If it appeals to you, go for it. You won't see another very often, which is nice. :brutale:
You know, I was just thinking about washing the Italia after use, and I thought about how Sexy MV's are - and then I thought about good sex, and afterwards, the pleasure nice hot shower, or, in the summer, a good swim -

In either case anything fun usually means a mess worth cleaning up afterwards, and the Italia seems like a great way to get dirty!

BUT, if it gets too demanding, like some of the lovers I've known, I'll go for black wheels. Until then...

Where is my mind?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts