MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

so i finally got my F4 1000S (2006) one week ago and weather was good enough to take her out and get to know her a little.

i filled her up and took her for a ride on the weekend and today. a total of 60 miles, probably a little less. I'd say half of it highway at moderate speed.
today, however, the low fuel light came on and the tank was really empty.
something is wrong, but i don't see any leaks nor smell i gas.
my riding was mostly done in first and second at around 7-8K rpm.

since i just got the bike and am still waiting for some parts, i did not bother to take her apart to look for potential modifications done by the PO.

bike comes from an MV dealership and got a full service before i bought it. i am going to take the bike back to have it checked out but wanted to see if anyone had similar experience/issues.

nobody messed with it as it lives in my locked garage or was parked in a parking garage by the office.

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
I think most folks keep the cruising revs around 4-5 k. Higher rev rates will kill fuel mileage. I get about 120-130 miles per tank on my 312R.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My light usually comes on at about 100 miles. On more aggressive days I've had it come on at around 75 or 80. Bottom line, an F4 will suck some gas when ridden aggressively (properly). :naughty:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts