MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build a project bike. Was the frame used for the first gens, the same amongst the various offerings and engine sizes?

Thank you

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Was the frame the same on the 750's? I thought they beefed up the frame for the 1000's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas, would be great to get confirmation. I'm assuming subframe was the same too?

I am a former road racer who promised my family I would never throw a leg over another bike. I am going to build an F4 for display purposes, always been in love with the first gen F4, though I raced Ducs mostly

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The frames are exactly the same. The headstock has a different profile and the 750 is widely sought after because it decreases the rake, but other than that there is no difference. Subframes are the same too except for the bi posto, obviously.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Isnt the rake altered by a different bearing axis in the bearing carrier mounted in the frame stem ....

The 2007 onward frames have a lug welded to the crossways bar which facilitates mounting of the secondary air solenoid
Joe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Isnt the rake altered by a different bearing axis in the bearing carrier mounted in the frame stem ....

The 2007 onward frames have a lug welded to the crossways bar which facilitates mounting of the secondary air solenoid
Joe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm assuming you're referring to the main frame. Is it safe to assume the subframe was unchanged?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts