MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After numerous delays, I finally got to ride the bike outside of my local area yesterday. I went for a 50 mile ride out into the countryside. I'm happy to report that it ran well with no problems. The bike starts easily whether the engine is hot or cold and pulls strongly in all gears. In fact, it is so quick in top gear that I am thinking of raising the gearing a little with a larger front sprocket.
It currently has a 15 tooth front sprocket. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for a GT ?

·
Registered
894 Posts
What an excellent photograph.....if it was in black and white, it could look like it had been taken when the bike was brand new :)

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
It currently has a 15 tooth front sprocket. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for a GT ?
The parts catalogs I looked at show 15 tooth as standard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I hope to take the bike to Spain for the Moto Piston rally at the end of September. Taller gearing will definitely be an advantage given the distances I hope to cover.

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
Hope you can find one. You may need to make your own....use a common sprocket from a more modern bike as a donor. That is what I did for Art's 125:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts