MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My son’s sixteenth birthday is coming up in two months. I am considering giving him a new 312r. Is this an easy bike to learn on? As my son is a proficient BMX rider, I am expecting him to make an easy transition to motorcycling.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
NO!
:nutkick::shitfan::ahhh::stir::stopp::stopp::stopp: :argue::hand::rant:

Please tell me this is a sick joke. Akin to saying you bought your todler a shotgun, but since he can handle a bottle, it's no big deal.

Seriously, this is a terribly BAD idea.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I say do it! Its just like flying a jet for the 1st time with not training. I'm sure that the 312 is very similiar to his bmx bike. Your a great dad.

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
:blah:
Shoot 600's these days are almost as fast as 1000's.....almost.
Who cares I say buy it for him.
It's the best bike in the world.....almost.:)

·
Registered
917 Posts
how many people out there haven't crashed their first bike? so, sure, go ahead, but you have to know he's gonna drop it in a ditch...

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I guess it is Your Step Son and You hate him. So go ahead buddy !

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Hey everyone,

My son’s sixteenth birthday is coming up in two months. I am considering giving him a new 312r. Is this an easy bike to learn on? As my son is a proficient BMX rider, I am expecting him to make an easy transition to motorcycling.
good choice, he will love it

p.s.
im thinking about getting a bmx, should I be able to step onto a bmx with no problems?
I can handle the 312 without stablisers, but will i be able to pedal the bmx and balance at same time?

should i start first on uphill slopes or downhill slopes? or is a straight road best for pedaling on?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
please post up on youtube for the rest of us!

·
Registered
593 Posts
why go for something with only 182 hp thats too easy just go for desmo or an airplane.
No seriously:
first of all he is 16 years old in the Netherlands you are allowed a 50cc bike and that has a reason.
Second thing is experience is everything on bikes.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I would get him the CC instead. Or, if that is a little pricey, get him the Ducati Desmoseidici.

They are both faster and more exclusive than the 312, so he won't outgrow it as quickly.

CAG

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I would get him the CC instead. Or, if that is a little pricey, get him the Ducati Desmoseidici.

They are both faster and more exclusive than the 312, so he won't outgrow it as quickly.

CAG
I think that's what I like about you Carl....you come up with comments every bit as dumb as I do on a regular basis....:stickpoke

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think that's what I like about you Carl....you come up with comments every bit as dumb as I do on a regular basis....:stickpoke
When I read this at work, I fell out of my chair laughing. My boss came by to check on me after being alarmed by the noise. I could'nt top any of your comments and he would'nt undersand since he does'nt ride....so I was unable to relate the story to him....thanks guys......you made my day!

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think a 1078 312RR would be better for him since it has better torque.
312R will require a little more revs before getting torque.

Anyway, I wish I was your son.
Although I'm getting my F4 1000(S/R) soon for my 19th (2 days ago).

·
Registered
890 Posts
When I read this at work, I fell out of my chair laughing. My boss came by to check on me after being alarmed by the noise. I could'nt top any of your comments and he would'nt undersand since he does'nt ride....so I was unable to relate the story to him....thanks guys......you made my day!
Hmm.....at least he knows his comments are as good as yours.:naughty:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts