MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the whole SPU box fiasco om the 2nd day of ownership, I got everything sorted out with a new box and everything is working well.

I would also like to thank this forum, as I have spent countless hours doing research and finding out what is normal and what isn't.

I've used a lot of the tips learned here, and the bike is truly a work of art!

Here are some problems I encountered and addressed--again, all with the help of this forum!

Headlights not working - new SPU box fixed this!

No room for right boot on peg - new longer pegs fixed this!

On/Off throttle - tightened throttle cable slack and removed 2nd return spring.

Vibration at 6K rpm - tightened all plastics and turn signals.

Headlight cover falling off - I had not experienced this, but I put RTV around the cover and tape on top/bottom to catch it if it becomes a problem.

I went on my first longish twisty ride on the bike yesterday and it handled great! I love the sound and overall capabilities. My front tire was an original from '04 - so I wanted to take it easy. I have a fresh new tire waiting to be put on now.

Overall, i'm really impressed with this bike. It feels very nimble and it is definitely not something you see everyday!:brutale:

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
:) :brutale: :yo:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I have fond memories of my 750. First MV I ever bought.

You will enjoy it more the longer you own it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put on a fresh front tire (rear was already new when I bought the bike)

I must say, it's an interesting design on how to remove the front wheel. :)

I plan on owning this bike for awhile--hopefully I won't get the urge to upgrade to the 910!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually one last problem I did not find too much information on: the stock gearing has the bike revs pretty high on the freeway (65-70mph) Seems a bit unnatural to rev so high?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've had a 750 for almost two years and 12,000 miles. Enjoy. Never had to remove the spring for the throttle just had to learn to be gentle with it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Rev's are high because gearing is made for racing/acceleration. The engine lacks sufficient torque in the lower revs to make it giddy up and go.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Stan - great stuff.

+ 100 on everyone above

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a Vtwin man, and I have not owned an I4 since my R6 several years back.

But you guys are right, the 750 has very little power below 7K.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait until you remove the cat. You'll discover its true and gorgeous sound and get a tad more oomph on top of that.
I'm lookin' into it! I posted up an ad on the WTB section, but I may just have to swing for a new one.

Also, I hope one day we can meet and i'll buy you a beer for all your help!:yo:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I'm a Vtwin man, and I have not owned an I4 since my R6 several years back.

But you guys are right, the 750 has very little power below 7K.
Ahh yes - past the 7k mark you're into the fun zone !! - you'll love it once you get the feel :yo:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm lookin' into it! I posted up an ad on the WTB section, but I may just have to swing for a new one.

Also, I hope one day we can meet and i'll buy you a beer for all your help!:yo:

You got me at "beer". If I see a matte black Brutale, I'll know it's you. If you see a silver Brutale with a black seat, you'll know it's me. FYI, I found my (slightly used) mid-pipe on this board but it took me a couple months of monitoring before one surfaced at a good price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts