MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share some pics of a project bike I finished earlier this year.
Since I have a rather busy travel schedule this has been a stop and go project, but the end result is very pleasing to me, partially because it is also the realization of a boyhood dream.
Back in the early 90s when I had just finished college I so lusted after a 916 (my first love before I saw the F4 Oro at the Amsterdam motorcycle show :)), but being of very modest origins this was obviously out of the question.
Anyhow, fast forward a couple of years and some gray hairs et voila, in Sept 2012 I picked up a really nice 998S Final Edition.
The bike came with a ton of upgrades, to which I added some more (I basically modernized it : upgrade the cooling system, get ride of ugly blinkers, etc... too many small things to list).
I've had the bike in my basement for over a year and it was my intention to ship it to my other place in Oregon. I didn't find the time for that yet and just rolled it in my theatre room. To be honest, I like it since I can enjoy it every day. Even the misses approves, so I'll have to buy another bike for the Oregon place :)

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very nice. My dad and i were looking to buy a 916 not long ago just as a bit of an occasional joy ride and investment, these things are going to become very collectable and something i'd love to kind of keep in the family to enjoy.

It looks immaculate, very well done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts