MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally finished the exhaust of my F3. Started with open heads and it was too loud so I used some u bend piping to add some of the good back pressure and added a in pipe silencer.

I used MDI for a custom carbon fiber panel, They took about 5-6 weeks. I had to make the exhaust hole slightly larger, and they did send me the wrong carbon fiber weave but it was my first carbon panel on this bike so I was ok with it. When I get more I will just match the twill matte. I would consider using them again, they are prob the cheapest and you get what you pay for.

I have a sound clip but I don't think I can attach it.

My next mod will upgrade the rear shock. I think im going for the Nitron R1 since I don't normally play with the shock setting to much and use the track lightly.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
INteresting mod and lovely result.

Have you tuned your ECU to the exhaust modification?

On a side not, your chain tension looks to be pretty tight...too tight actually. I would check and adjust.

Reactions: jdgun

·
Registered
634 Posts
Very nice, would love to see the piping and how you ended up bending, it etc. kinda like a taylor made system.. I like it

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Looks good. And at the same time weird, beqause of the backwheel being so OPEN. Almost looks like a extended swingarm mod.

PS: Nice helmet ;) Got the same :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im using rapid bike tune, Im not a fan of the extra wiring but it works good. Im looking to run race fuel and ill have to have the map set up for the fuel...
I have the stock tension adjuster set to about 3/4 to the max adjustment and left extra chain links to compensate. when I go to the track I mostly use the drag strip. Im also running lust racing lowing links so that adjust the rear swing arm location as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O and correct me if im wrong but I measure the chain play parallel with the mark on the swing arm and not straight up and down.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Nice. I would like to see what 3 pipes coming out the side would look like. I liked the fact that MV did the 4 pipes for the 4 cylinder and 3 pipes for the 3 cylinder bikes.

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
Please download the manual...and READ it.

Here is an excerpt from the manual for your bike:

F3 Chain Measurement.jpg

Donsy spent a ton of time working with other members of this forum to provide manuals free of charge here: Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta

These machines can kill you easily if you don't understand what you are doing. MV Agusta motorcycles in particular have some interesting design features that make them out of the norm when performing adjustments such as Ride Height and chain tension. Take some time to learn your basic machine. To make a major mod on a new to you bike without rudimentary knowledge is flat out dangerous.

Hopefully you will remap your ECU so this mod doesn't simply roast your engine.

Sorry for the rant; but, please.....:nerd2:

Reactions: Jas0n

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I usually just make sure the chain flops around and leave it that way. Then I don't have to worry about it being too tight. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I initially wanted to do 3 pipes out of the side but that is over my head with customizing and my welding skills are not at that level. the space is tight and it needs custom bends to get the proper radiuses. The QD looks like a good base to try it with but im not about to spend well over 1k to just cut up the muffler.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea thats how I measured my chain and its at the right tension, this is my third bike and I used to be a tech so I do know what im doing I switch from building race cars to bikes since they are cheaper and faster. I don't think ill have issues with just a air filter and muffler change. I still have the stock manifold and ecu tunes work mostly for full systems. Im planning so save for the MV tune and Ti headers. the piggyback tuner keeps the bike from running too lean with the simple mods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts