MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This if for all the aussies :p (Everyone else can participate if they like too just for interest sake)

Financing your bike in Australia. I have looked at a couple of bank websites and cant find the Finance your $30,000 Motorcycle tab hahaha. I dont know if banks allow bikes in the cars category?? Anyway I figured I would ask here first since well theres probably some awsome motorbike finance company that I just have no idea about.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Tom

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Cheapest loan for a purchase like this is the equity in your home, given the massive increase in property values, its not hard to realise the 30k you need.

If no property, any Bank will lend 30k as a personal loan with vechicle as security, and in Aus we still have cheap lending.

If all else fails, 3 credit cards should do it!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
agusta01 said:

OOOOuchhh!! :eek:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agusta01 said:
Cheapest loan for a purchase like this is the equity in your home, given the massive increase in property values, its not hard to realise the 30k you need.

If no property, any Bank will lend 30k as a personal loan with vechicle as security, and in Aus we still have cheap lending.

Ahahahaha 1 is enough for me. If all else fails I will get my parents to gaurantee the loan for me.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
credit card is not a bad way to go, at least in the US. the economy here in the US has been such that the card companies offers 0% (or very low %)interests for 18 months, and if you need more time just find another good offer to transfer the loan to, they have been doing that for the past 5 years already, it was extremely helpful for us during our house construction with cash flow.

I will be financing my Senna also, at least initially before other funds become available, I will certainly look into home equity loan.

How about the US owners? how did you guys finance your MV?

Thanks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
odonata said:
I will be financing my Senna also, at least initially before other funds become available, I will certainly look into home equity loan.

How about the US owners? how did you guys finance your MV?

Thanks.
i originally financed my SPR through my local bank, arrowhead credit union. i just closed some transactions for work and was able to pay the loan off, so now i have title in hand :naughty:

·
Registered
438 Posts
odonata said:
How is the SPR? did you figure out what's wrong?
haven't figured out whats wrong with her yet, i dropped her off at Pro Italia on Sunday, but since the service department was closed she's not getting checked out till today. i had an appointment for the 600 mile service for this friday so im just going to leave it there until then. so its at PI right now if anyone wants to check up on her for me :stickpoke .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Daaaamn 0% interest for 18 months??? How do they ever make mney??

My cc (only $1000 limit) is like 11% interest PA, with a $58 annual fee... I think thats pretty good for Australia, esp. considering its my first card.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
:naughty:
jskipper said:
haven't figured out whats wrong with her yet, i dropped her off at Pro Italia on Sunday, but since the service department was closed she's not getting checked out till today. i had an appointment for the 600 mile service for this friday so im just going to leave it there until then. so its at PI right now if anyone wants to check up on her for me :stickpoke .
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: Alvin? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

·
Registered
479 Posts
odonata said:
credit card is not a bad way to go, at least in the US. the economy here in the US has been such that the card companies offers 0% (or very low %)interests for 18 months, and if you need more time just find another good offer to transfer the loan to, they have been doing that for the past 5 years already, it was extremely helpful for us during our house construction with cash flow.
Yep, I have three credit cards that I have just to do this. I literally call all 3 and work them against each other for the lowest rate when I'm planning a big purchase. I've never paid over 2.9% on a credit card balance I kept more than a month or two.

If you use your cards frequently (I have an non-revolving AMEX for day-day stuff) this doesn't work though as when you send in payments it goes to your "balance transfer" low interest money first though. Thus, you end up with interest accruing at a higher rate in the "background". Also, many of these guys will default to a higher rate if you make even 1 payment late.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
This kind of low interest CC hopping is what the experts suggest for paying off big cc debt, the price is that one needs to be one good behavior with the payments.

luvtolean said:
Yep, I have three credit cards that I have just to do this. I literally call all 3 and work them against each other for the lowest rate when I'm planning a big purchase. I've never paid over 2.9% on a credit card balance I kept more than a month or two.

If you use your cards frequently (I have an non-revolving AMEX for day-day stuff) this doesn't work though as when you send in payments it goes to your "balance transfer" low interest money first though. Thus, you end up with interest accruing at a higher rate in the "background". Also, many of these guys will default to a higher rate if you make even 1 payment late.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts