MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my poor man's MV... :)

I left my bike stock for a long, long time but recently decided to start doing little things to it. Just thought I'd share with you guys...

Before:

Stock bike

After:

Side view

Angled view

Shorty CRG 6-way adjustable levers

My chief tech Jimmy is an expert at cutting fairings for frame sliders!!!

Some bling...

Vroom vroom...

I still don't know if these make a difference...

Cleans up the rear end a lot...

Mods:
Arrow titanium slip-ons
Power Commander III
Ohlins steering damper
Woodcraft-CFM frame sliders
K&N air filter
Brembo red wheels
Vortex Racing brake & clutch reservoir caps
Aprilia upper cowling baffles
Dzus fastener kit
Powerstands fender eliminator kit

Next week:
Puig light-smoke racing windscreen
Woodcraft-CFM rearsets with GP-shift

Probably in the near future:
Track plastics
Galfer wave rotors
RaceTech fork springs & gold valve kit
Lightening the stock flywheel

·
Registered
398 Posts
Looks good :smoking:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Shawn,

If that front sliders mount to your frame, I would remove that as it could cause a hole in your frame rendering it an automatic total loss during a crash (But that might be a good thing :) ).

I pulled my flywheel off all together when I put the 100cc pistons in. The engine spins up beautifully now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ARCHILLE said:
Shawn,

If that front sliders mount to your frame, I would remove that as it could cause a hole in your frame rendering it an automatic total loss during a crash (But that might be a good thing :) ).
Well, frame sliders are meant to prevent excessive damage in the event of a crash but if you crash hard enough that even the frame slider brackets cause a hole in the frame, I think that would be the least of your worries. Most well-designed race frame sliders mount to the frame and are track proven, like the Woodcraft sliders. Where else would they mount if not the frame? Definitely not the fairings, right? Give me more info and your thoughts...I'm interested in hearing more since you have race experience yourself. You race a Duc?

I pulled my flywheel off all together when I put the 100cc pistons in. The engine spins up beautifully now.
How does it idle?

Thanks...

Shawn

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ARCHILLE said:
I put Jack Pfeiffer on my Mille Factory for AFM, WSMC, WERA West in 2005. Let just say that we learned alot. :)
Yes, I remember Jack racing an RSV. So are you saying not to run any sliders on this bike or on any bike? If not mounted to the frame, then where should they be mounted? Most frame slider companies mount them to the frame. I'm definitely interested hearing your take on this.

Yes, Taffspeed and I carry WERA West #1 plates in Heavyweight Twins Superbike and Superstock.
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Thanks! I run Speedy Moto's mushroom sliders on my 999R racebike and crash-tested the bike many times, including this past Saturday at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch (Pahrump, NV) so I am a believer in sliders. The issue with the front sliders on the RSV-R/Factory is the brittle cast Aluminum mounting area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts