MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post :drummer:

Finally after many years we've purchased our first MV (Brutale 1090) :mouthwate

I've been riding for over 20 years, owned five Dicatis and our current steed is an 09' Hayabusa. It's our do-all, day trip, long haul tourer, sport rig set up for hard bags and everything we need to travel. The Busa will remain in the stable!

I'd had the itch for a while to add another bike to the garage and was all set to buy a new Monster 1200S but on a whim I rang a dealer inquiring on what they had for left over MV models, low and behold they had a new left over white 13' base model Brutale and the price was one I couldn't walk away from. I couldn't justify spending the extra on an R or RR especially for the riding we do. Besides, for a tick under $10k cash would you say no? :jsm:

So on Saturday my wife will make the 6 hour round trip to collect the bike. As soon as she sends me pictures I'll get them posted.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Congrats. I grew up about 15 minutes from where you live in the town of Genesee, PA. Where was the closest MV dealer to you? You better enjoy it while you can because before too long they will be putting salt on your roads for the snow!:stickpoke

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats. I grew up about 15 minutes from where you live in the town of Genesee, PA. Where was the closest MV dealer to you? You better enjoy it while you can because before too long they will be putting salt on your roads for the snow!:stickpoke
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!!

Smoker, ahhhh Gennesse....... When I am home on vacation and out for quick rides it typically involves a trip thru there headed to one of my favorite stretches of road between home and intersection of Rt 6. Potter county is a beautiful place.

The Brutale will be tucked away for the season :bawling: so no riding it this year. Unfortunately we don't have an MV dealer that's reasonably close to home. My nearest dealer is North American Warhorse near Scranton PA or Eurosports in Coopersburg PA. Neither are close or convenient.........

·
Registered
483 Posts
There are some great roads to ride around the state parks off Rt 6 around Galeton and Lyman Run. I hauled my Brutale up over the last 4th of July to do some riding. It's a safe bet you will not see another MV on the road in those parts. It's rare enough to just see anything other than a Harley in that area.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just home on vacation for the month of September. The weather was great and the leafs were just changing when I left. The first week home we went down and rented a cabin near Pigeon Forge TN. We'd been thru there in the spring when traveling on the Busa and finished riding down the Blue Ridge Pkwy before swinging north. We wanted to go back, spend some time so we trailered the Busa, it allowed the time to enjoy the area, and make a couple good day trips to Deals Gap & surrounding area.

I guess it's time to reconfigure the enclosed trailer to accommodate two bikes now!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Another welcome to the MV family. Not only getting a great bike but joining a great forum. Lot of knowledgeable folks on here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm am slowly trying to work my way thru the difference in model years for accessories. My goal for the moment is to sort a set of front axle sliders, frame sliders and bar ends at are all from the same manufacturer. It's all a bit confusing as some of the descriptions are a bit sketchy and knowing for sure what fits the 13+ 1090 or is a "universal" part is slowing me down. But I'm learning.....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Todd,

Do nothing once you get bike, except put some quick end of season miles on it.
Look thru ALL of the Brutale pictures and determine what you like and will use.

In the off season post here, ask questions and then make the bike yours. You will love it. Next season I suspect MV will be primary rider & busa will be for your 2 up riding, & probably your overnights.

Motivation bar ends with mirrors, turn signals location and type to be determined, some carbon fiber hugger and other bits, DRG tail tidy and possibly consider removing the Cat... I like heated grips.
I do not favor the sliders or frame protectors, unless you like the look, because if you need em, the bike is gonna be fucked up anyway.

But I offer a hardy MV welcome and encourage you to visit sub-forums and get to be a frequent visitor. I am and a few hundred of us are regulars.

Good luck, be safe and post pics and consider posting one in the couples section when you are comfortable that this is a good site:brutale::drummer:

Peter

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Todd,congrats on a great buy,you won't be dissapointed, i bought my axle and crankcase sliders from Evolutionbike-great site, service and price. Cheers Steve

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very solid advice! There's a handful of things I'd like to get sorted before spring and I have the time to do that. The sliders aren't a real necessity per say but more for a just in case situation to help in case of a tip over or something stupid like that, it happens....... I've been pondering bar end mirrors and dropping the Cat is on my short list as it's such an unsightly thing hanging under there. It's going to be a long winter sifting & sorting thru the site. There's plenty of bits & bobs to buy! I've already read plenty, some really scary stories of people experiences but in turn some awesome stories too.

I've become pretty spoiled over the last few years riding the Hayabusa and I'm really looking forward to the changes that the Brutale will offer. Adding some character back into riding! Unfortunately the Brutale will be up on stands / covered up until spring. Working down range seems to limit the miles we rack up in a season. The Busa, three seasons on only has 12,907 miles on the clock. That's including a round trip from home in WNY to Florida 3 years ago and a round trip from home down the Blue Ridge Pkwy this past spring. Typically only being home 2 months out of the year that fits into riding season (spring & fall) we ride as much as we can.

Tomorrow is collection day so hopefully pictures will be next to post!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, we're off to a rocky start already........ My wife went to collect the Brutale, the sales person I dealt with is off sick, she sees the finance guy to pay for the bike / sort paperwork then is off to the service department to get the bike. First off, the level of customer service is in the toilet, no body knows anything, the motorcycle was dirty, yes actually dirty not just dusty from setting, I think it has 21 miles on it, looks like miles ridden in the rain, they can't figure out how to change the clocks from metric to standard (that takes 20 minutes), then when they shut the bike off it won't restart. Service guys are scratching their heads and finally they push it back inside to replace the battery. One guy said it was a battery from another bike another guy says it's new. I rang the finance guy and said either they sort it now or my wife is taking the cash back and leaving without the bike. After the battery was changed I asked that they leave it running until it is good and warm shut it off and retry things. It worked, at least for now. My wife got the bike loaded and is on her way home.

So was it a bad battery or is it a cable issue? Either way we're the proud owners of a new Brutale that needs a good cleaning / detailing. Will we return to that dealer, NO. I'd read negative reviews in the past but my plan is only to get the bike from there as the deal was good, not use them in the future for service / parts / warranty.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts