MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my F4 MY13 yesterday. I have been looking at MVs for a long time, and this board has been great in helping me finally make up my mind and pull the trigger. Had a chance to get about 60 miles on her today. Much more tomorrow. I did have an error message come up "Exhaust Valve". The dealer told me they had it come up on another bike and made the fix on my bike before I picked it up. Will see if it keeps happening. Hope not, or back to the shop. I will post ride impressions once I get some miles on the bike, but so far she's a blast to ride. I realize I must post the obligatory photos so here you go. May of went a bit nuts with the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful bike. I have a 2012 F4R. I happen to prefer the 2013 colors and rims. I noticed in your sig you have a 2012 KTM RC8R. How do you like it and compare it to the MV? I have a 2011 RC8R. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Welcome, your bike is just like mine
Yep... I need to look into a fender eliminator like your's as well as some of the other nice bits you have on your bike.

Congrats! Beautiful bike. I have a 2012 F4R. I happen to prefer the 2013 colors and rims. I noticed in your sig you have a 2012 KTM RC8R. How do you like it and compare it to the MV? I have a 2011 RC8R. Enjoy your new ride.
The KTM is a great bike. It is easy to ride due to the torque and handles great. I have heard the KTM referred to as the best "street" sport bike out there. I agree with that because of the very predictable power delivery, and it's probably the most comfortable sport bike I have been on, including the MV. I have been on twins for a long time so the MV is very different. I dont have a lot of time in the saddle yet so really tough to provide a great comparison to the KTM. I can tell you that the MV provides a much greater sense of speed then the KTM. The sound, which is addicting, and the fact that I ride at higher rpms I think makes you feel the bike is going faster then it actually is, if that makes sense. As soon as I get more time on the bike, get the suspension dialed in and the bike broken in I will be able to provide a better comparison.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome. Absolutely love the MY13 wheels.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got out for a ride today. Wow what a bike. Im getting accustomed to the power delivery as I have been on twins for so long, the inline 4 is taking a bit to get used to. So far so good except I keep getting the Exhaust Valve malfunction. Does not seem to affect the performance of the bike and goes aways after I restart the bike. Ill give the dealer a call to see how we can resolve this.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Got out for a ride today. Wow what a bike. Im getting accustomed to the power delivery as I have been on twins for so long, the inline 4 is taking a bit to get used to. So far so good except I keep getting the Exhaust Valve malfunction. Does not seem to affect the performance of the bike and goes aways after I restart the bike. Ill give the dealer a call to see how we can resolve this.
Good times!
The exhaust fault seems to be a good reason to get an aftermarket system...:smoking:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the feedback. This bike truly is special. While I was riding this wekend I just could not get off the bike. One more stretch of road, a few more cuves, repeat, repeat, repeat. Yep, this bike is a keeper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
And that's a sweet looking bike!! I got the all white F4, n I love it, every time I ride it impresses me more n more, the power n handling are unbelievable, I haven't had much time to ride seeing I got it little over a month ago n I only got about 400 miles on it, do to the fact of New England weather n always raining when I get the time to go out on it,

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 27 Posts