sweet looking can blackie
at long last
yur brave going out in this it bloody
freezzzzzzzzzzing down here in devon to
nick:f4:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
You know, you can shorten the mid pipe so the can doesn't stick out so far.

I'm getting used to those star wheels too.

CAG

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
CAG

It should have star wheels "its the future"

I have put some ventureshield on the can so my big 47 boot dont scratch it, so i can live with it where it is.

Its fookin loud, but not as loud as my 999 with full Zard system on...he he,

Arrow sticker looks better red as well..Come on Arrow sort it

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

CAG
If you check the pic CAG there is the brass bung welded just where the can fits. I know i dont need it as its for the sensor but it seems silly to hack it down just to make it an inch or 2 shorter.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I don't have to check the pic, I've cut down two of them. If you like the can where it is fine. I prefer the original configuration with the thunder tucked in more.

CAG

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

CAG
Looks Great Blackie!

..CAG, how do you shorten the midpipe ? I'm realy interested to know if there's any way to do without any cutting&welding. cheers.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Simply use a band saw, or hack saw if you must. Cut it just forward of the Brass bung for the O2 sensor. That will put your thunder back to the original position like on the pre 08 mid pipes.

Sorry, but it has to be cut. Obviously, if you NEED your O2 sensor, this little modification won't work.

You might be able to cut the bung off with a cut off wheel, but then you would be left with the hole in the mid pipe and it would have to be welded.

I have not experimented with moving the bung to a different location on the pipe.

CAG

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I don't have to check the pic, I've cut down two of them. If you like the can where it is fine. I prefer the original configuration with the thunder tucked in more.

CAG

Sorry CAG. Its most inferior of me to think that you may have cut down a pipe WITHOUT a sensor..Who knows i may even be able to get my hacksaw out now. :naughty:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have now got my hacksaw out & cut it shorter. I did think that if i sold it on i could sell it to either an 08 or 09 bike owner but,stuff it. I can weld it back on if i need to as i have done it in such a way that i can easily carry that out. Now not sure if my foot catches it more now but need a nice day to try it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts