MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

Well this Wednesday I finally got my dream bike - wow. What can I say?? It is awsome!! I was toying with keeping the Rizla JR rep gixxer thou. Not now though! Finally got a decent ride on the MV, 100 mile round trip, and it flipping rained on me (well, more like a welsh monsoon - Brecon Beacons), and no, nothing went wrong in the wet (big grin) The fairing even kept most of the rain off my legs. I've read about how *old school* the ergonomics are - cobblers. It fits me like a glove, although at 5'7" I am on tippy toes. So during my revelation experience I thought, right thats it, the gixxer goes. I just love the skshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh when you apply the brakes.
Anyway, as you can tell I am one happy owner,

cheers to all,

Hoppy

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
nice one dude!!! there abit different to riding gixxers , ive had 3!!!! but the more you ride it the more youll love it welcome to mv world!!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm 5'7" too. I got some HD boots with 1" soles and they help tremendously, although i still cannot back up or turn well at a low speed. Not that you will have to worry much about slow. And who wants to go backwards?

Gixxers are ok, but youll enjoy when their owners walk over to oggle at your MV and realize "gee, I have a japanese clone that I see 10x a day." Trust me, you wont see yourself coming in the other direction like with gixxer or ninja.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi

I just love the skshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh when you apply the brakes.

I was saing the same when mine arrived, once it began to loosen up it was more the noise of the induction and the exhaust at high revs on twisty back roads that put a smile on my face. Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all! My last ride up to Cadwell Park for the BSB round almost EVERY bike I saw on the road was a gixer of one sort or another. Not one MV. I already feel proud :) Just got to get some miles on her now. Might even get her on the track this week if I get a chance.... hehehe....

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I'm another 5'7" MV owner but it doesn't really come into play unless you are manoeuvering around at walking pace.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ditto to all the comments made, you know already you won't regret it. I made the swap from years of GSX-R's and truly love what I have bought into by having an MV....phenomenal!:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
GRAgusta said:
I just love the skshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh when you apply the brakes.

I was saing the same when mine arrived, once it began to loosen up it was more the noise of the induction and the exhaust at high revs on twisty back roads that put a smile on my face. Welcome and enjoy.
+1

I feel the same.

It´s an amazing bike. :f4:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts