MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the weather was good today, so I was able to get a quick ride to work in and a little trip down the coast at lunch.

My first impression is the bike feels very solid, I was riding a 749s prior to the MV, and the power, handling, and ride position are all upgrades. I love this bike!!

After reading this forum for awhile I was beginning to wonder if the bike would even make it out of the driveway without overheating, burning my thigh, and spewing coolant all the while... Thankfully I had none of these problems, the bike does run hot, where the 749 would read 150F the MV is around 180F, the 749 would stall at stoplights after it was warm, the MV had no problems. The temp hit about 208F at the hottest, and it was only a 60 degree day.

Overall for a short commute and blast at lunch, it was a great day. I will be taking a 200 mile or so ride tomorrow, so I will let you know how that goes...

I am one happy MV owner...:yo:

Yee Haaw!!!

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
Congrats Bomaizey!

Where are you going in the morning? Palomar, Julian?

Either way man have fun and ride safe! :yo: :f4:

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Congrats on taking the R out. 200+ is just something to get used to and definitely ok. Glad the coolant wasn't overfilled and that you had a smoothe ride as it should be!

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
Bomaizey said:
Taking the 79 / 371 / 74 to Palm Springs.
Nice! I just took that road a week before Christmas.
Unfortunetely I was in a car.:jerkoff:
That road is insane! It has some great turns, the section by the lookout seems nice.
There was a bit of snow when I went through, just past Anza so be carefull.

Don't forget to take a camera! We need pics!

:f4:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great ride today, put about 190 miles on the bike and it ran great!!

I had one incident where I grabbed two fingers of brake (thinking 749 brakes) and the bike just stood up and I missed a turn, luckily I ride dirt bikes alot and I just rode through the dirt / gravel and got back on the road... Note to self, only brake with one finger on the MV...

No overheating, no coolant spew, no first or second degree burns.

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
:jsm::jsm:

Glad to here it wasn't to serious! It sucks off roading a street bike.

We'll have to get together in the next couple of weeks and go for a little cruise into the local mountains. :yo:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Looking good Bomaizey. I know exactly what it's like to ride a superbike "off road" and in the wilderness - guess how I know :D I used to race downhill Mountain Bikes, I "think" it was some skills I gained from that that kept me from cartwheeling myself and my Duc after I came into a curve a little to hot.

·
Registered
861 Posts
lmfao i did a fish tail on the snow and recovered thats when i put it in neutral rolled back in the garage slapped myself and went back inside im not trying it again until its 50 degrees out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts