MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mv came with the auto return sidestand. What a pain for us little Italians. Anyhow, I bought the non returning sidestand kit and its great now!!! Took all of about 2 minutes to install!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello,
I just bought a F4 750 last weekend and am duly impressed with it. I had been riding a 748 on the street. I was curious where you can find a side stand that won't retract automatically. That is about the first thing I noticed that needed to be changed.

Thanks and the forum is great

Rod Rossi

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
91Aztec said:
Hello,
I just bought a F4 750 last weekend and am duly impressed with it. I had been riding a 748 on the street. I was curious where you can find a side stand that won't retract automatically. That is about the first thing I noticed that needed to be changed.

Rod Rossi
Hey Rod, you can order the part from your mv dealer. All you do is change the little "c" plate that holds the springs. I'll post the part number later.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks, I am heading down to the MV dealer this weekend where a guy I ride with is picking up a new matte black 1000. What a gorgeous bike. If you can find the part number I will order while I am down there.

Thanks again

NOMOEVO said:
Hey Rod, you can order the part from your mv dealer. All you do is change the little "c" plate that holds the springs. I'll post the part number later.

·
Registered
878 Posts
91Aztec said:
Hello,

Rod Rossi
Hey welcome Rod. Assuming you are the guy who bought Lindsay's F4, right??? :drummer: Glad to see it went to someone local. :king:

·
Registered
237 Posts
91Aztec said:
Thanks, I am heading down to the MV dealer this weekend where a guy I ride with is picking up a new matte black 1000. What a gorgeous bike. If you can find the part number I will order while I am down there.

Thanks again
The new ones do not have the auto retract side stand.

·
Registered
97 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
Hey welcome Rod. Assuming you are the guy who bought Lindsay's F4, right??? :drummer: Glad to see it went to someone local. :king:
Thanks for the welcome Kamran. I did buy lindsay's bike and I am glad I did. Put 100 miles on it yesterday and was smiling the whole time. Went down with a buddy I ride with to Moto Corsa on saturday where he picked up his new matte black F4 1000. Beautiful bike. I also picked up the new spring kit for the side stand so it won't retract.
I met you at the NESBA track day with Andy, I was riding my Aprilia RS250.

·
Registered
878 Posts
91Aztec said:
Thanks for the welcome Kamran. I did buy lindsay's bike and I am glad I did. Put 100 miles on it yesterday and was smiling the whole time. Went down with a buddy I ride with to Moto Corsa on saturday where he picked up his new matte black F4 1000. Beautiful bike. I also picked up the new spring kit for the side stand so it won't retract.
I met you at the NESBA track day with Andy, I was riding my Aprilia RS250.
May be one day we could all get together and terrorize the "desmo" guys here... :naughty: :drummer:

As for the stand, it was first annoying, but now that I have gotten used to it, it's kind of cool when you stand the bike up, it retracts...I know I hated it first. Now that I have gotten used to pulling the bike back after putting the stand down that I do it on my Duc for safety measure too. :conveyer:

·
Registered
97 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
May be one day we could all get together and terrorize the "desmo" guys here... :naughty: :drummer:

As for the stand, it was first annoying, but now that I have gotten used to it, it's kind of cool when you stand the bike up, it retracts...I know I hated it first. Now that I have gotten used to pulling the bike back after putting the stand down that I do it on my Duc for safety measure too. :conveyer:
Sounds great.

I am going to give the side stand a liitle while before I make any changes, we shall see if it grows on me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts