MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after waiting and waiting for parts from across the pond the 800 is back on the streets and mean as ever. The bike put 142 down post (real world) tuning just off the dyno. After about 400 miles of riding and letting the ecu self tune in open loop I took it to a dyno close to home. Before mods the bike put 138 to the rear on this dyno. I took it back this weekend to my local dyno and got 152hp in 6th with 68lb-ft of torque. It's still running a bit rich and spitting a fair shade of fire and the ecu is still working some bugs out. Afr is right at 13.3 from what I saw on the chart.

The power band is so linear now and the bike pulls very hard but manageable.

In addition to the titanium header and Zero exhaust the bike also received larger MWR air Rams, upgraded filter with an adjustment plate (MWR), Rapidbike Race ECU, Rapidbike MyTuning unit (for live updating of the fuel maps), additional lambda sensor for tuning, Race Tech GS3 rear shock and Race Tech custom forks (built by Paul Thede himself), some minor cosmetic upgrades and then I installed the Matris R Type damper.

There is still work to do on the bike but aren't they all a work in progress?

Here are some random shots I took of it once I got it finished and put some new rubber on. She is back and ready for the track.
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1466736111.676696.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1466736123.374723.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1466736153.245365.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1466736164.548282.jpg

I will take some video next time I'm out and charge the GoPro

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Nice. Who doesn't like a flame or two from the exhaust every once in a while
Track officials...lol
You must have some wimpy arsed marshals down south if’n a little flash from the pipes gets their nickers in a knot. :stickpoke

Has never caused a problem for the rest of the world. :) :naughty:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ben busy with a lifestyle change and my father passed back in October prompting that change sadly. So I've been off the radar and feelin pretty glum. Dad and I worked closely together for over 10 years in the field as well as being together for family life so I took it pretty hard.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ben busy with a lifestyle change and my father passed back in October prompting that change sadly. So I've been off the radar and feelin pretty glum. Dad and I worked closely together for over 10 years in the field as well as being together for family life so I took it pretty hard.
That's pretty tough mate :-(

Your bike looks great though and putting out some decent figures.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Sorry to hear mate

These things are never easy, time is supposed to heal all wounds but I'm not so sure about that though.
Take care and find that silver lining J-M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts