MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its been a long time coming, but I finally had the time and money to take the bike to WestCoast GP Cycles to have it custom mapped.

My bike had the following mods (as far as the engine is concerned)

RG3 exhaust and cat-less midpipe (fully ceramic coated)
Iridium plugs
DNA air filter
MV Corse Eprom chip
PCIII USB

I had been running a map I got from the PC website that matched my mods till now and I thought it ran OK. Boy was I wrong!!!!!

The bike got about a 16hp gain at 8000RPM and 16FT LBS of torque at 6000RPM.

Top end, it got 5HP gain and 6FT LBS of torque.

The map I got from the PC website was way off! It feels like a brand new bike now! The bike has so much more power down low that I may end up going back to a 40 tooth rear sprocket (have 42 now)

His Dyno is calibrated to read actual HP and has a electro magnetic break to read real torque. Unlike other shops that inflate the top end HP numbers just to make their customers happy.

Anyway, here are some pics

·
Registered
589 Posts
Good numbers Joe.
150 plus rwh is plenty in the real world.:mouthwate
Enjoy. Frank

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Frank, I didnt do it for added HP, I did it to make sure the air/fuel was right, seeing the chart and the before and after air fuel map (forgot to snap a pic of that screen) Im glad I did it!

My advice to other is to run a zero map instead of a downloaded from the net map till you get your bike on a dyno. When he did the baseline with the downloaded map and saw how far off the fuel was, he loaded a zero map and did another baseline, the bike got 5+HP in the midrange right away. So the zero map was better than the downloaded POS I got from the PC website.

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
PC maps....

Joe;
haven't tried any MV maps from PC.......

BUT, I guarantee you there is NOT one worth downloading for an Aprilia RSVR......they are ALL worse than MAP 2, the Factory map for open pipes
and its no prize either :naughty:

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I've tried the "maps" from PC in both the Duc and MV. They're absolute garbage. Worse than a zero map by far.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Some nice results there Joe - I had mine done about 8-9 months ago, when I got it back I literally thought I was on a different bike! :yo:

Enjoy - even MORE ;)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gents! The charge was $300 for the tuning. And he doesnt do it in 1 shot, he did it in 2 or 3 to give the bike 30-40 minutes in between to cool. A huge +1 to those guys.

Noel, they are not too far from you, right off of the 405 and 10 Freeways.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do you know if they do the microtec ecus as well. I need to get mine tuned now that I have all the mods installed but so far I have only see one shop in social area that does them. Just wondering.....

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Do you know if they do the microtec ecus as well. I need to get mine tuned now that I have all the mods installed but so far I have only see one shop in social area that does them. Just wondering.....

I have had experience with the microtec and been on a dyno with it, I would suggest that very few dyno operators will have the specialized knowledge to set one up as the software is far more involved than a Power Commander.

Every bike is different and a generic (pre-loaded) map is only a start point.

Anyone that has a microtec should be aware of the fact that the ECU MUST be individually mapped to the specific bike on which it is fitted.

:popcorn:​

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As a matter of fact, yes he does do them. He has done them in the past for Ducs so he is very familiar with Microtec interface.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Every bike is different and a generic (pre-loaded) map is only a start point.

Anyone that has a microtec should be aware of the fact that the ECU MUST be individually mapped to the specific bike on which it is fitted.

:popcorn:
Ade, the same can be said for a Power Commander. But if anyone has similar mods and wants to try out my map, I have no problems sharing it. It has to be worlds better than that POS map on the PC website! Oh and this was mapped at sea level!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cant wait for this weekend to try her out in the canyons! :D Didnt get to ride last weekend cause I was on call at work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts