MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after four weeks of looking at it in the garage, I took this morning off and registered the mighty '02 F4.

That is one "interesting" motorcycle! Not as fast as I thought it would be, but then again it's a 750. But the handling is amazing! Basically "point and shoot"....My son's R1 is much quicker.

Transmission shifts very nicely...but a bit of a problem trying to find neutral. Could this just be my bike or is it just an Italian thing?

The riding position makes it a 3/4 hour bike at least for this 50 something frame....

It's amazing what a terrible turning radius it has. I can't do a U-Turn at the bottom of my street!

And watch out for those thumbs when you do.........

But all in all it's a great bike. No way would I want it for my only bike, but as a second bike with some type of sports tourer for the long trips, life doesn't get any better!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Quite a collection you have there in your signature. Glad you got to take her out for a spin! You can get bar risers for those thumbs if you want (older thread discussed these)

Registry submission? :stickpoke

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on your bike and its good to see you had fun on your first outing. Must have been a very long 4 weeks. I have a '05 R1 and my MV is not quite as blistering with the throttle pinned but when you get the chance to take her to a nice smooth mountain pass or similar in its zone there isn't much else in life that will top the feeling. The MV has a absolutely confidence inspiring front end, in my opinion theres nothing out there quite as composed.

Cheers

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Happy Riding Roy. :) It's probably an academic point, but if you want to keep up with your son's R1 try a F41000. :smoking: I agree with your point and shoot comment on the 750 though, they are great fun, I wish I could have kept my 750 and the 1000 too, with maybe a Brutale to keep the F4's company :blah: :blah: :blah:

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Congrats. And I state what John says.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts