MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
What happened? UPS "lost" a package again and resurfaces after 13 year...

*Quality and finish....mamma mia. GOOOD

·
Super Moderator
22,846 Posts
Let us know if it changes anything.......:smoking:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know if it changes anything.......:smoking:
Thanks guys.

So far so good. I got the water pump installed last night and it didn't boil over after idling for a few minutes. So that's a start... hahahahahha

I'm going to cycle the system again this evening so that it can finish bleeding out the air. Then maybe over the weekend I'll get to work on the clutch slave cylinder.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Regarding the carbon, I was in such a rush to part with my money that I didn't notice that it was the matte finish when I did the checkout. I was looking for the gloss finish so that it matches the CRC carbon that I already have on the bike.

Not sure with what I'm going to do with these injector covers at this point but I'm still looking for the glossy finish at the moment. If anybody wants these I'll let them go for a reasonable price - so I can re-order the gloss instead. The matte is very very nice but it doesn't match what I already have on the bike.

·
Administrator
20,754 Posts
Give it a spray of gloss clear !!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Give it a spray of gloss clear !!!
I considered that but the risk of screwing it up has gotten me a bit concerned. I would have to spray it outdoors and between the dust and those damn mosquitos I don't know which would screw it up faster.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I rode it today.

The Oberon master cylinder is a small improvement over stock. Definitely better but not Earth shattering difference. The cumulative effect on fatigue will be noticeable though.

The JetPrime water pump definitely is helping. I was cruising at around 171*F. Only at the end of the ride with the bike idling did it creep up to 223*F and I honestly let it sit for a few minutes just to see what it would do. No boiling over though so I'm quite happy with it. We'll see what happens in the summer. Bottom line, at idle, the water pump circuit just doesn't flow enough liquid through the system. If we could take an X-ray I doubt the radiator would be full just from the way you fill the system, which likely might have something to do with it.

All in all, I'm happy though and both parts do work as advertised.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks guys.

So far so good. I got the water pump installed last night and it didn't boil over after idling for a few minutes. So that's a start... hahahahahha

I'm going to cycle the system again this evening so that it can finish bleeding out the air. Then maybe over the weekend I'll get to work on the clutch slave cylinder.
What did you do to make it fit?

Mine didn’t fit my F4RC -17. =\

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What did you do to make it fit?

Mine didn’t fit my F4RC -17. =\
What do you mean yours didn't fit? It was tricky to get into place and I did have to lubricate it with grease to get it to slide in. Otherwise, it was pretty straightforward.

·
Super Moderator
22,846 Posts
The 2017 F4 motor is a different beast from the 2005 F4.....

·
Super Moderator
22,846 Posts
I do not know because I have never upgraded my water pump.

Were I to upgrade my water pump, I would be certain that the supply entity had a pump for the correct model and year of bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Regarding the carbon, I was in such a rush to part with my money that I didn't notice that it was the matte finish when I did the checkout. I was looking for the gloss finish so that it matches the CRC carbon that I already have on the bike.

Not sure with what I'm going to do with these injector covers at this point but I'm still looking for the glossy finish at the moment. If anybody wants these I'll let them go for a reasonable price - so I can re-order the gloss instead. The matte is very very nice but it doesn't match what I already have on the bike.
Where did you get the carbon injector covers? I may be interested in them but the Ilmberger rear fender/hugger I am also looking at getting is glossy, so same problem you’re having.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where did you get the carbon injector covers? I may be interested in them but the Ilmberger rear fender/hugger I am also looking at getting is glossy, so same problem you’re having.
I ordered them from Design Corse.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
If we could take an X-ray I doubt the radiator would be full just from the way you fill the system, which likely might have something to do with it.
I didnt do that massive pump but I did do the updated design but regarding the radidator when I refilled it I actually pulled the lower rad but left the hoses intact, plugged the long side with a rubber stopper, and filled it on its side until the coolant/water was filling up the short tube, then put it back on the bike. Save for a bleeder on the rad itself its pretty much the only way to get 100% coolant in that lower rad.

That fill technique and the upgraded (stock) pump design really improved the cooling on my 750.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didnt do that massive pump but I did do the updated design but regarding the radidator when I refilled it I actually pulled the lower rad but left the hoses intact, plugged the long side with a rubber stopper, and filled it on its side until the coolant/water was filling up the short tube, then put it back on the bike. Save for a bleeder on the rad itself its pretty much the only way to get 100% coolant in that lower rad.

That fill technique and the upgraded (stock) pump design really improved the cooling on my 750.
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I upgraded my water pump, 1000S, and find that it keeps much cooler. Design Course model.

Living in a tropical country, Philippines, it is a must have item. Today was 35C, tomorrow 36C.

The hottest I have seen on the bike? 104C.

My Honda VFR800 easily exceeds 108C, and a high os 112C, and I use a fan override switch in traffic. It helps to anticipate traffic.

For those living in Finland, disregard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts